Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rockwell RM 65 Family (AIM 65) Development system?

Thanks Mike.

Both AIM-65s have a R3222-11, R3223-11, R3225-11 and R3226-11

One of them has a R3224-11 (your list just shows R3224 so maybe that's a typo?)

I am happy to dump my RM-65 FDC 090 1.0 R324E-11 ROM What can I use as chip type for the programmer? Also, can I use the same chip type to dump the R3224-11 ROM?

Dwight, I will take pictures of the table of contents of the RM65-0110 INPUT/OUTPUT ROM manual. It's quite thick and half of it is source code.

You're probably right, that the R3224 assembler part and file #s should end in -11, as also the Monitor F ROM file name; as I said, I used Rich's names and labels as a base and I'll have to find my actual assembler ROM to check the number. You've got the normal full complement, Monitor, assembler and BASIC.

Note that Rich's DOS ROM is V 1.1; the binary file seems to be incomplete but the HEX file looks OK.

All the AIM etc. ROMs I've seen have been type 2332, equivalent to a 2532 EPROM; try reading it as a 2532 and if not, a 2732.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Here's a list of the common AIM65 ROMs (the file names and notes refer to Rich C's site); use the monitor to dump the first four bytes of your ROMs and compare to the list.

Attachment 55573
    Be careful some of the programmers leave the programming voltage at VPROG. This will damage a ROM. Make an adapter socket and tie the VPROG pin to +5v but you can use the 2532 setting otherwise to read it. You can also just make an adapter to use a 2732 if you can't do the 2532 pinout.
    Dwight
    Last edited by Dwight Elvey; August 27th, 2019 at 06:54 PM.

The pinout is different than the 2732. I made an adapter with a stacking a couple sockets.

div---reader
    21 24
    20 18
    18 21
    ----- 20 remove pin on socket

I though I was having issues reading the device as the first location was FF. I checked the wiring several times and even read a 2732 with data on it. Then is occurred to me that maybe it didn't use the full size of the device. I checked address 400 and there were 00 and then some data. I thought for a while the ROM was bad. The data looks good so it is likely all fine.
    Last edited by Dwight Elvey; September 11th, 2019 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Elvey View Post
    The pinout is different than the 2732. I made an adapter with a stacking a couple sockets.

div---reader
    21 24
    20 18
    18 21
    ----- 20 remove pin on socket

I though I was having issues reading the device as the first location was FF. I checked the wiring several times and even read a 2732 with data on it. Then is occurred to me that maybe it didn't use the full size of the device. I checked address 400 and there were 00 and then some data. I thought for a while the ROM was bad. The data looks good so it is likely all fine.
    I was putting the file here and noticed that is was raw hex and not intel hex as I intended. I errored, look at 800 not 400.
    The file is labeled *.TXT to get it on the forum. Rename it to R14C5.HEX when you get it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    You're probably right, that the R3224 assembler part and file #s should end in -11, as also the Monitor F ROM file name; as I said, I used Rich's names and labels as a base and I'll have to find my actual assembler ROM to check the number. You've got the normal full complement, Monitor, assembler and BASIC.

Note that Rich's DOS ROM is V 1.1; the binary file seems to be incomplete but the HEX file looks OK.

All the AIM etc. ROMs I've seen have been type 2332, equivalent to a 2532 EPROM; try reading it as a 2532 and if not, a 2732.

Have fun!
    It looks like this is the code that runs on a socket of the AIM65. It doesn't look the same as that in my ROM from the RM65-FDC board. I wonder if it uses calls to the FDC's ROM. My code seems to match the code in the FDC manual.
    Looking at the manual it says the ROM I have starts at 8800 while the other ROMs start at 8000. That makes sense from what I can see.
    Dwight
    Last edited by Dwight Elvey; September 11th, 2019 at 05:58 PM.