Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rockwell RM 65 Family (AIM 65) Development system?

gslick
    Look on page 1-2
    Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by snuci View Post
    Have a look at this manual here: http://vintagecomputer.ca/files/Rock...s%20Manual.pdf
    I am fairly certain this is the card but it's not in front of me. I already have pictures, I just haven't posted them yet. I may only have the 8K SRAM card as I have that manual and the 32K DRAM card manuals.
    That looks to match your board. Mine may be an older or newer version.
    Dwight

Mine doesn't have the direction manual switches.
    Dwight
    Last edited by Dwight Elvey; August 22nd, 2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gslick View Post
    There is nothing about the RM 65 edge connector version boards that is STD Bus.

RM 65 Edge Connector version:
    Width: 3.9 inch
    Length: 6.5 inch
    Edge Connector: 72-pin, 0.100 inch spacing

STD Bus:
    Width: 4.5 inch
    Length: 6.5 inch
    Edge Connector: 56-pin, 0.125 inch spacing
    The difference is the eurocard version has (E) in the name. I suppose you'd need to match the names with a STD bus.

On 1-3

29650N82 RN65 Bus Description

I guess if you had the STD version you'd need that document.

Dwight
    Last edited by Dwight Elvey; August 22nd, 2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Elvey View Post
    gslick
    Look on page 1-2
    Dwight
    Page 1-2 of what, this manual?

vintagecomputer.ca/files/Rockwell/AIM65/RM65%20General%20Purpose%20Input%20Output%20and%20 Timer%20Module%20Users%20Manual.pdf

The Edge Connector Version of the RM 65 Bus cards are visually similar to STD Bus cards, but that's about it.

Might as well call Motorola EXORbus cards S-100 bus cards because they are visually similar at a gross level.

Page 1-2 of what, this manual?

vintagecomputer.ca/files/Rockwell/AIM65/RM65%20General%20Purpose%20Input%20Output%20and%20 Timer%20Module%20Users%20Manual.pdf

The Edge Connector Version of the RM 65 Bus cards are visually similar to STD Bus cards, but that's about it.

Might as well call Motorola EXORbus cards S-100 bus cards because they are visually similar at a gross level.
    The board was available in both versions see my post right before yours.
    Note in the manual the picture on 1-2 and my reference on 1-3. Also on page 2-2 you can see the STD card is pictured. The same manual was used for both versions. They did the same for all of the various cards.
    Dwight

I know the RM 65 Bus cards were available in both 64-pin Eurocard versions, and 72-pin Edge Connector versions.

They weren't available in "STD Bus" versions, which has a specific meaning.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STD_Bus

If your usage of "STD" in this context just means an edge connector version, that is not entirely obvious, and somewhat confusing.

Back to more about this system...

Here are some more pictures of the Rockwell AIM 65 Development environment: http://vintagecomputer.ca/rockwell-a...t-environment/

I know the RM 65 Bus cards were available in both 64-pin Eurocard versions, and 72-pin Edge Connector versions.

They weren't available in "STD Bus" versions, which has a specific meaning.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STD_Bus

If your usage of "STD" in this context just means an edge connector version, that is not entirely obvious, and somewhat confusing.
    I was wrong, I don't know why I had that impression. I have a couple Prolog STD bus systems, it wouldn't have taken much to realize that they were completely different.
    I'm eating crow for diner.
    Dwight

Have you powered up either of the AIM65s to see what they have in their ROMs. The basic AIM65 came with either BASIC or Forth but there were a lot of enhancement ROMs for them. There might be enough useful stuff on www.6502.org.
    Looking at the floppy disk controller, it has a nice ROM with utilities like formatting to get a blank disk started.
    Dwight

Hi snuci
    Looking at your pictures, it looks like the mounting for the power supply got bent. I don't think it hurt anything electrical but make sure the AC wiring doesn't have any issues.
    Dwight