Image Map Image Map

Thread: Commodore 64 black and white screen on mini lcd

Default Commodore 64 black and white screen on mini lcd

Hi guys and good summer for all!
    Please i need your help....
    i need to use a commodore 64 on a small lcd with a din-rca cable....unfortunately when i connect and i turn on, i can see only black and white screen.
    If i connect in a big lcd tv, i see all colors....
    what can I do?I ve try to adjust Ct1 trimmer but nothing change
    Thanks
    Davide

I wouldn't change anything at all on the computer. These Chinese LCDs are notorious for this. You're actually lucky you have a picture at all. Unfortunately the only real recourse is to try a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    I wouldn't change anything at all on the computer. These Chinese LCDs are notorious for this. You're actually lucky you have a picture at all. Unfortunately the only real recourse is to try a different one.
    Can i try with another cable???

perhaps it's a pal/ntsc mismatch? Some LCD will support both, others don't.

I think that there is not a signal....chrominance or luminance maybe....

Well what do you get if you connect that same cable to a different colour composite monitor? If you connected the big LCD the same way with the same cable, then there's nothing wrong with your cabling and signals.
    Be polite and I may let you live.

https://youtu.be/ctrCt_Q6XHQ

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    Well what do you get if you connect that same cable to a different colour composite monitor? If you connected the big LCD the same way with the same cable, then there's nothing wrong with your cabling and signals.

If i connect this Commodore to another big Lcd, works fine....
    Can i solve the problem with a lumafix maybe?

I doubt it. Really, the small LCD just isn't up to the task. I've got a pile of them that do this. I assume that you can get one that works, but I haven't been successful yet.

The ones I have don't work on any of the old computers I have. C=, Apple, TI, etc.