Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtb: Sgi o2

Default Wtb: Sgi o2

Greetings,

Seeking out an SGI O2 of any configuration. Willing to settle for an O2 with some case damage if it ends up being the best option. Located in the greater Boston area; can drive some distance, but not a whole lot. If you're farther away than that & are willing to ship, that can work too!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JawhnL5 View Post
    Greetings,

Seeking out an SGI O2 of any configuration. Willing to settle for an O2 with some case damage if it ends up being the best option. Located in the greater Boston area; can drive some distance, but not a whole lot. If you're farther away than that & are willing to ship, that can work too!

Thank you
    I have an R10k O2 sitting in my closet that I'd be willing to part with. The board is definitely not in the original case; someone monkeyed around to get it into there, but it definitely functions. I know I have at least one drive and caddy for it as well. Case is decent, though there are a couple of bits off of it. I can even through in an extra top case (the light blue part) that is scuffed but mostly intact (from memory). No CD drive in it, but otherwise functions fine. No SGI keyboard or mouse.

If you're interested, PM me an offer and we'll see what we can work out. I don't recall the amount of memory in it, but I can check that out depending on how serious you are.

Bump! Still on the lookout.

Quote Originally Posted by JawhnL5 View Post
    Bump! Still on the lookout.
    Sorry, I haven;t forgotten you, I'm just out of town until October 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoelzer View Post
    Sorry, I haven;t forgotten you, I'm just out of town until October 2.
    Hey, no worries! I can definitely wait

If nothing pans out, I might be able to help, but unfortunately you're 2,400 miles from me

Blog Entries

if you find one make sure is shipped packed properly, a couple of months ago i purchased one asked the seller in ebay "package it properly" and it arrived shattered like an egg the plastic is very brittle.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet9922 View Post
    if you find one make sure is shipped packed properly, a couple of months ago i purchased one asked the seller in ebay "package it properly" and it arrived shattered like an egg the plastic is very brittle.
    Yes, all the SGI machines suffer from this problem. At least with an O2, it's not so heavy that typical precautions are likely to have the same smashed end result. The Indigo^2 is so heavy that they almost always end up smashed.

Just bumping that I'm still on the road. . I'm back home on October 2

well ... it has just happened to my team. The person who packaged four boards in soft cardboard without any protections *IS* a true solid genius!