Image Map Image Map
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Where can I find IBM SLT card schematics?

  1. #1

    Default Where can I find IBM SLT card schematics?

    Where can I find IBM SLT card schematics? Not the actually slt chips but the cards that they go on. I've looked all throughout bitsavers.com and can't find anything.
    Can someone please help me?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGeek View Post
    Where can I find IBM SLT card schematics?
    http://bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/logic/S...tics_Jan67.pdf

    not all-inclusive obviously

  3. #3

    Default

    Do you also know where I can find a document with all of the cards used in an IBM 360/65, their locations and a diagram of the backplane?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    31,979
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Interesting stuff, Al! So basically DTL/RTL. Love the IBM symbols for transistors.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGeek View Post
    Do you also know where I can find a document with all of the cards used in an IBM 360/65, their locations and a diagram of the backplane?
    The closest would be in the Model 65 CPU ALDs, but you would have to derive their locations from the drawings of
    each planar unit.

    Also, I don't know of anyone with a copy

    There is no single backplane in IBM 360 mainframe cabinets, they are in planar sections, connected by flexible cables.
    The sections are attached to swing-out frames, and there are multiple frames attached to a framed chassis, sometimes
    two deep.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Kossow View Post
    The closest would be in the Model 65 CPU ALDs, but you would have to derive their locations from the drawings of
    each planar unit.

    Also, I don't know of anyone with a copy

    There is no single backplane in IBM 360 mainframe cabinets, they are in planar sections, connected by flexible cables.
    The sections are attached to swing-out frames, and there are multiple frames attached to a framed chassis, sometimes
    two deep.
    Where would I find the ALDs? I assume in an fe manual?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGeek View Post
    Where would I find the ALDs? I assume in an fe manual?
    Each 360 or 370 CPU came with one or more large metal rolling racks which held oversize blue binders (dozens to probably a hundred or more, depending on model) which had the drawings for that particular processor. Whether they apply to any other processor of the same family / model depends on a number of things, like how many of that model were built. For some of the rarer models (95/195, for example) I expect there were no two the same.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    456
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    Here are - to my knowledge - perhaps the only remaining (complete?) set of schematics, ALDs, SLDs and so on for the System 360 Model 40, in the Hursley archive. For all I know, my dad could have perused these when he was posted there to learn the /40 in early 1964.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqHoKzWj-0k

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •