Image Map Image Map
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New to me Rainbow 100A and VR201

Quote Originally Posted by tradde View Post
    Don't believe the Kermit I used supports other modes. I will have to look. I also need to check the original file to see if
    it too is truncated.
    OK I've learnt something hear. For me Kermit is just a file another transfer protocol in the manner of XMODEM, YMODEM and ZMODEM than you can select in your terminal program for a file transfer.
    I didn't realise it was an executable. Great work - you overcame a lot of hurdles.

Quote Originally Posted by exidyboy View Post
    OK I've learnt something hear. For me Kermit is just a file another transfer protocol in the manner of XMODEM, YMODEM and ZMODEM than you can select in your terminal program for a file transfer.
    I didn't realise it was an executable. Great work - you overcame a lot of hurdles.
    I too never had heard of a Kermit transfer protocol. I've use the program Kermit many times in the
    past but never had noticed that protocol selection. Maybe the Kermits I used didn't have it.
    Who knows. Now to figure out where to post this file so it can be used?

Quote Originally Posted by tradde View Post
    I too never had heard of a Kermit transfer protocol. I've use the program Kermit many times in the
    past but never had noticed that protocol selection. Maybe the Kermits I used didn't have it.
    Who knows. Now to figure out where to post this file so it can be used?
    The reason Kermit was created to start with was to allow transfer of files between different type of machines. As such, of course it is a protocol. But just as much you also needed an implementation, so of course it was also a program, with many different implementations for different machines.

Default Rainbow 100A ROM dump

Hopefully this works. Here is the file I created and transferred to my Mac.
    dec.zip

Thank you very much!
    I'll see what they do in emulation

Robert

This was most timely.
    I have checked the file, and when split as 2000h, 2000h and the rest, it matches my eprom files here http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...0-CRC-ERROR-18

I have now confirmed my issue isn't eprom related, so can move on to other things.

Mark.

You have nailed it.

I can confirm that the file, once split at 2000h, 2000h and then the last portion, is a valid dump of all three roms when compared to my 100A.
    Your file helped me eliminate a bad rom, so thanks for your efforts.

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...0-CRC-ERROR-18

Mark.