Image Map Image Map

Thread: Franklin DOS 2 (FDOS2)

Default Franklin DOS 2 (FDOS2)

Hello group, I am looking for disk images of Franklin DOS 2 (FDOS2). The one that I find on Asimov doesn't seem to work.
    Any other disk images related to Franklin ACE 500, 1200, and 2200 would also be welcome.
    Thanks!

Default Disk Image of Franklin DOS2

Quote Originally Posted by retrobecanes View Post
    Hello group, I am looking for disk images of Franklin DOS 2 (FDOS2). The one that I find on Asimov doesn't seem to work.
    Any other disk images related to Franklin ACE 500, 1200, and 2200 would also be welcome.
    Thanks!
    I have a copy of Franklin Dos2 and the Expanded Memory Utility Disk that I found a while back. I am working on getting a 5.25 drive up and running so I can get an image of it and quite a few otherdisk. Nice I have I will let you know!

8B64E841-FE14-4978-9F3F-D0BCCB944282.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

FDOS was a very nice DOS written almost entirely by a fellow named Dave McWherter, who was VP of Engineering for a while at Franklin. I know I've got the progrmmer's guide for it someplace in my collection and can look to see if I've got the boot disk too. We (Engineering) always seemed to have disks with exactly what we wanted and official released disks were very uncommon.

BTW, one of the plain DOS disks released in 1982 has my name as a comment in the HELLO program. I was one of the people who put the files on the disk used to deliver to Production.

Bob

Hi Bob, was software always done in house or were they farmed out near the end like the 2000s and 500s?
    (I still have a CX in the garage somewhere.)