Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nashida Radio products showing up on ebay

Default nashida Radio products showing up on ebay

So I decided to roll the dice and try one of those generic apple II Floppy emulators from China. I received it in a std bubble wrap envelope with no documentation. IT came with a 256MB sd card and upon testing the device, it works and boots to DOS 3.3. Examining the PCB it says SDISK //, SDISK2CN and 2013 Nahida Radio. I cannot find a working website to Nashida Radio, they are all down for some reason so I cannot find any documentation on proper usage of this thing. I have a suspicion this is a copy of their product judging by the bad soldering, and the fact the the F1 component just has a piece of wire bridging it (ill be sure to remedy that)

20190830_121329.jpg

Can anyone shed light on this product or the Other Nashida Radio items?
    A2central.com has a page and links to the products but they are broken as well.
    https://a2central.com/3446/nishida-r...e-ii-adapters/

Can anyone shed light on this product or the Other Nashida Radio items?

Blog Entries

Offerings in 2013. Look to be strictly Apple II based, including the "Nishipple" Apple II clone (google turns up a few hits on that one). Another page

3. Default

Ermm well the guy that was running/making Nishida was ill, and had to give it away.. (that is retire from the field) I think he folded the website fairly recently...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Lower Planes BBS - Telnet/ssh/www tlp.zapto.org

I built some of those many years ago, and actually sold a few kits to users on this site. It works but is very limited.

Some others have added some functionality and buttons and continued the project.

I did a layout of the updated design a few months back I sold the 30 I had made mostly as bare boards.
    I have another 20 coming that I tacked on to the order for the production cards of the hard drive emulator I designed, I should have them in a few days.

sdiskII.jpg

Put me on the list for an updated one, David.

Quote Originally Posted by David_M View Post
    I did a layout of the updated design a few months back I sold the 30 I had made mostly as bare boards.
    I have another 20 coming that I tacked on to the order for the production cards of the hard drive emulator I designed, I should have them in a few days.

sdiskII.jpg
    Very interesting! Do you have a schematic/web page about it? Any bare board left?

Thanks
    Frank IZ8DWF

Quote Originally Posted by rittwage View Post
    I built some of those many years ago, and actually sold a few kits to users on this site. It works but is very limited.

Some others have added some functionality and buttons and continued the project.
    have any documentation on the usage of my device?

Quote Originally Posted by rittwage View Post
    Put me on the list for an updated one, David.
    I'm still waiting on the new board order to arrive but I have two left from the last order. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by iz8dwf View Post
    Very interesting! Do you have a schematic/web page about it? Any bare board left?
    I based my design on this
    https://github.com/suaide/SDisk2/tree/master/firmware

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    have any documentation on the usage of my device?
    No but there isnt much you need to know.
    Yours is a clone of the original design that only supported a single floppy image. DSK images need to be converted to a custom format using a program call DSK2NIC.EXE

Quote Originally Posted by David_M View Post
    No but there isnt much you need to know.
    Yours is a clone of the original design that only supported a single floppy image. DSK images need to be converted to a custom format using a program call DSK2NIC.EXE
    It only supports one image per sdcard? What about 32mb hard drive partitions, does it have that capability?