Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I live mail-in rebates!

Default I live mail-in rebates!

This is absolutely hysterical! Sort of an impulse buy, I order 2 Asus usb bluetooth 4.0 adapters. Abouy 6$ per all said and done, after rebate mind you. So I kind of don't remember to jump through all the hoops until the evening of the day the envelope is supposed to be postmarked. Damn. So I say what's the harm in the cost of a stamp. I register on the website, print out a horribly illegible rebate form, jam everything in the envelope, and drop it in the box the morning *after* the cutoff date. Then drive away and with solemnity contemplate all the sorrow and suffering going on in the world at that very moment. And that kind of sort of made me feel less ticked off. And nothing, absolutely nothing gets my goat more then screwing up a rebate. It's my money and I want it!

Alright so a week or so goes by and I receive this taunting little email stating they received my submission and they're looking it over, and will keep e abreast of their findings. Aww bless yer black greedy little hearts. Then a few hours later I get another email stating my rebate was approved!!! And in 8 - 10 weeks I'll get to stuff my fat face with Burger King just like I did today. And it's on them!! Beggorah, wot a country!

And do you want to know the strangest bit of all ... I sent it to the wrong address!!! I couldn't read the address on the rebate form, that printer is so mangled up, so I found *an* address with google that corresponded to some other Asus rebate. Wrong address, wrong state even! But I'm still getting it. I got the email, they.can't deny me now!

So it just goes to show it never hurts to try. You'll never know unless you try. Hot damn.

Shave big bunnies with Bernard...

I'm not up on pop culture as some others. So I google, and get .. nothing. Care to fill me in ...

Ah now it's crystal clear.

Every trip to Menards means another rebate. Some you actually get*, some just disappear somehow. The worst though is Jägermeister. I got a "Thank you for sending us all your personal information for our uses, but you did not fill out the form correctly so sorry but now you are not eligible for our rebates anymore." They even sent back a fax-quality copy of the form which I obviously correctly filled out.

*Does in-store credit even count?

I've been bombarded by that jingle almost constantly for almost half a century.

Blog Entries

I tend to buy things from Newegg.com that have rebates as well as sale prices, have yet to be denied. Those prepaid credit cards are kind of a pain and I just buy Newegg gift certificates that don't run out and spend them that way. Why don't they still use checks people can cash?
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

The rebates are usually small, 10-30$, so I never have a problem with the cards. They usually get spent in a day or two. Nope I haven't lost one yet. I did have to email Raidmax to get them to divvy up.

I tend not to take any guff. Especially not from stores called Menards (Canards?) or Jagermeistre. Of course I've never been to either or even have heard of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    I tend to buy things from Newegg.com that have rebates as well as sale prices, have yet to be denied. Those prepaid credit cards are kind of a pain and I just buy Newegg gift certificates that don't run out and spend them that way. Why don't they still use checks people can cash?
    Because they're hoping that you won't redeem them.