Image Map Image Map
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New limited function board for PDP8a with MOS memory

  1. #1

    Default New limited function board for PDP8a with MOS memory

    A friend of mine got parts to build a small PDP-8a/100 with MOS memory. After some time he figured out that the limited function panel didn't work, it was for a core memory machine!

    I draw a new one, it should be possible to move the components from a core-board to this new one. I built mine with new parts for testing.





    Cad files: https://www.pdp-9.net/docs/pdp8a-lim...n-bd-eagle.zip
    Gerbers: https://www.pdp-9.net/docs/8a-limite...unction-bd.zip

  2. #2

    Default

    Very nice!

    (btw, the gerber link doesn't seem to work...)
    WTB: Case for Altair 8800 ...... Rolands Github projects

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Huisman View Post
    Very nice!

    (btw, the gerber link doesn't seem to work...)
    Thanks!

    Can't edit the previous post anymore, here is the correct link: https://www.pdp-9.net/docs/pdp8a-lim...unction-bd.zip

  4. #4

    Default

    Somehow I think that it would be nice to have a website where all these kind of projects are listed together.
    I know you did some work on the G888 as well. But I don't know where to find it.
    And for other projects it is the same. I put my projects like the m8357, m882, m8331, m885, m869 etc on github.
    And I want to do a few more. But Google doesn't seem to find them all. So how would anyone know about it...
    WTB: Case for Altair 8800 ...... Rolands Github projects

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    538
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    That's very nice. If you want switch paddles and LED bezels similar to the DEC originals and have access to a 3D printer, feel free to use my paddle STL at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2829191

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1944GPW View Post
    That's very nice. If you want switch paddles and LED bezels similar to the DEC originals and have access to a 3D printer, feel free to use my paddle STL at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2829191
    Well, what should I say? THANKS!

    Finally I got something to print on the 3D-printer at work. An Ultimaker 2+ for those that might be interested.

    front-panel-toggle-switches.jpg

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Huisman View Post
    Somehow I think that it would be nice to have a website where all these kind of projects are listed together.
    I know you did some work on the G888 as well. But I don't know where to find it.
    And for other projects it is the same. I put my projects like the m8357, m882, m8331, m885, m869 etc on github.
    And I want to do a few more. But Google doesn't seem to find them all. So how would anyone know about it...
    Well, I will put out mine at my site. There are some small projects already. I have waited to put out the G888's since they needed a patch. I have got a new version of the boards now and should build and try them any day. I have this RK05 on my desk that I need to get going first...

  8. #8

    Default

    Just realized that this limited function board (should be named 5411168 ) only goes into the 8A's with 10-slot backplane. Nothing to do with MOS vs Core...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •