Image Map Image Map

Thread: Toshiba Libretto 70CT floppy issue

Default Toshiba Libretto 70CT floppy issue

All --

I picked up a 70CT recently on eBay with Win95 installed. I swapped the hard drive for a CF-type and upgraded it to Win98SE to improve the performance and driver support but I'm having trouble with the PCMCIA floppy drive. I downloaded the 70CTCTRL archive which has the INF file in it, but even though I get the "card inserted" sound, it can't access the drive (it constantly access but doesn't seek). I tried the drive under MS-DOS and it works just fine, so it's purely a Win98 issue.

Does this jog anyone's memory? It's not a huge deal, but I would like to get it working.

{update: oddly, it seems to be working now after two reboots. I deleted the "standard" floppy driver and let it re-detect the floppy and it works."}

Thanks!
    Rich
    Last edited by RichCini; October 18th, 2019 at 11:21 AM.

Hi Rich,

You tested the floppy under DOS in the Libretto, right?

Did the floppy work with whatever Windows you upgraded from?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Yes and no (I never tried it in Win95). I think it had to do with how Win98 detected the controller (Standard Floppy) without the benefit of the proper INF file. Once I did that, and rebooted twice (for another reason), it seems to work.

Rich