Image Map Image Map

Thread: Creative 3D Blaster being recognized as Matrox Millenium

Default Creative 3D Blaster being recognized as Matrox Millenium

Just got a Pentium Pro computer going again and everything seems to be fine except for the video card. I have a Creative 3D Blaster (Voodoo 2) being recognized as a Matrox Millenium. I think the Matrox card is the onboard. It's currently configured as I got it, with the onboard video feeding into the Creative card and the monitor also plugged into the Creative card. Should I unplug the onboard and check if there is a jumper inside? Or do I need other software? Never had a card like this before so I'm not quite sure how it should be set up.

Blog Entries

No that's correct. The Matrox is handling all 2D, video and its own flavor of 3D and the 3D Blaster is passively attached between the Matrox and the monitor for GLide support. The 3D blaster is not a video card itself and this does not show up as one. The 3D Blaster however requires at least the reference Voodoo2 drivers at least, then you can call it from supported games.
    = Excellent space heater

Ah, ok. That makes sense. I don't think I have the drivers installed and I haven't found a download for them quite yet. I'll keep looking.

Blog Entries

The 3DFX community is pretty extensive. Here's one of the many driver repositories.
    = Excellent space heater

Ah, ok. Not sure how I didn't find that before but it seems to be all set now. Just need some games that take advantage of it now

A Voodoo2 supports OpenGL, Glide and DirectX 6.

Some games that would work on your setup are GLQuake, Unreal and Half-Life.

Since you only have one Voodoo2, the maximum resolution you can run is 800x600. If you add a second card and run them in SLi mode, you can do 1024x768.