Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is DB19 not a manufactured format?

Default Is DB19 not a manufactured format?

So I bought a heap of broken apple II floppy drives (unidisk variety) alot of them have cut or torn cables. I have been searching like mad to find DB19 connectors online to fix the cables but I cant seem to find any. Are there no manufacturers that make DB 19 ends? All I find are these which wouldn't make a finished product. https://www.ebay.com/itm/DSUB-DB-19-...MAAOSwEVlcA4vy

Would appreciate the input.

I'm pretty sure this is a standard size. It's used on industrial components. I'm not in a good position to search right now, but you may find results if you look for 19 position D-sub connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is a standard size. It's used on industrial components.
    I thought so as well. I thought I remember some plastic extrusion industrial equipment that had DB19 interfaces but I cannot find on ebay or aliexpress such cable ends.

Blog Entries

Used on Atari, Apple and Next. The guys over at Bigmessowires expended a lot of effort and finally bought some dealer's entire supply.

https://www.bigmessowires.com/2016/0...ete-connector/

Anyone who says they're still being made is delusional. There's a guy on eBay selling the solder-cup male connectors for almost $10 the each, and Elliot Electronics says they have plastic hoods.

It should be easy enough to convert a 23 position into a 19 position in a pinch...

Blog Entries

Depends--if what you're looking for is a male connector end, that's not so easy.

Blog Entries

At any rate, Steve at Bigmessowires went to the expense of having the 19 pin D-subs made up from scratch by a Hong Kong manufacturer. He was that desperate. They're now being sold here. Sadly, no female connectors.

You're welcome.

Thanks this is great news. Guess Ill tag them on my order for one of his new emu daisy chainers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Depends--if what you're looking for is a male connector end, that's not so easy.
    No more difficult than turning a 25-position into a 23-position. If you need an Amiga video or floppy connector, that's what you do.

Blog Entries

But 23 position D-subs are more common that 19-position ones. Why bother hacking a DB25?