Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unicorn caught in the wild...

Red face Unicorn caught in the wild...

Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Ooh, neat.
    Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
    Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, E-mu Proteus/2, Moog Satellite, Oberheim SEM
    "'Legacy code' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

You can scratch #3 off your wish list!

Blog Entries

Oh wow! If you scan the Enhanced-relevant documentation, I can add it to the Option Board archive on ftp.oldskool.org.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by alank2 View Post
    You can scratch #3 off your wish list!
    Already done!
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Oh wow! If you scan the Enhanced-relevant documentation, I can add it to the Option Board archive on ftp.oldskool.org.

Trixter,

Sadly, there is nothing new in the manual that is not already out there. Namely, there is a chapter on the theory and use of the EOB. There is actually a good/clear scanned copy here.

That's awesome! I'd love to stumble across one of those.
    Compaq - “It simply works better”

Quote Originally Posted by compaqportableplus View Post
    That's awesome! I'd love to stumble across one of those.
    Yeah - took a while. First one I have seen in about 10 years of looking. Now if I could find some of the other things I am looking for...

Blog Entries

So, I've always wondered what these cards even do.
    Like, are they just a far more user-programmable floppy controller as to let you try a bunch more oddball data rates, sectoring and speeds or is it something much, much more advanced?
    = Excellent space heater

Well this particular one is a much rarer more advanced version. it was designed to bypass copy protection mechanisms that relied on physically damaged disks (e.g. laser burn holes). This card will read the "bad" sectors on a disk, store them on onboard memory, and then when the program tries to access those sectors on the copied disk they are read from the onboard memory.