Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Commodore pet 3032 screen full of lines

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Elvey View Post
    With bad zero page RAM, it is not likely to do much on the video out. Almost everything needs good page0 and some page1.
    Dwight
    Dwight,
    daver2's Pettest3 does not rely on RAM for the RAM test, and it looks like the screen RAM is mostly working.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
    Yes, but burn the 2K code into the upper 2K address space from 0800 Hex to 0FFF Hex. In other words use a 0800 Hex block size (2048 decimal) and a transfer start address of 0800 Hex. Does that make sense to you?
    It i use this dos command "A.bin + b.bin c.bin" can i copy c.bin in 4k eprom?

Correct.

All of the initial tests do not rely on pages 0 or 1 (the stack) to be working. All data for these initial tests are stored in the scarce CPU registers. The firmware tests pages 0 and 1 in a relatively simple manner before moving on to more comprehensive tests that do use pages 0 and 1.

Just to avoid confusion, Version 4 is the latest (and last - hopefully) that I will be producing (subject to any bugs being found).

Dave

Just check that the BIN file is exactly 2048 bytes in size before you do the copying, otherwise the second copy won't be exactly at the right location.

The EPROM burning software should also have a facility to load a file into the programmer with a user-defined offset. In which case you can load the file twice; once with a default offset of 0 and a further second time (without initialising the existing contents of the programmer) with an offset of 2048 (decimal).

Going back a page I see dave_m has stated the same as I have. Great minds think alike..........

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daver2 View Post
    Just check that the BIN file is exactly 2048 bytes in size before you do the copying, otherwise the second copy won't be exactly at the right location.

The EPROM burning software should also have a facility to load a file into the programmer with a user-defined offset. In which case you can load the file twice; once with a default offset of 0 and a further second time (without initialising the existing contents of the programmer) with an offset of 2048 (decimal).

Going back a page I see dave_m has stated the same as I have. Great minds think alike..........

Dave
    Hi Daver2, i putted your Pettester4 on ud8 with other roms inserted and i have this:

https://youtu.be/efqoSNxEjLw

I have also tried with another char rom but it's sam thing....
    Thanks

Page 0 and 1 RAM is all faulty...

Forget the character ROM at the moment.

Is your main RAM socketed or not?

Can you also check with your logic probe that you are getting pulses on UB2 pin 8 (7425) please. This should indicate that RAM is being selected.

Dave
    Last edited by daver2; September 14th, 2019 at 04:45 AM.

Can you also check with your logic probe that you are getting pulses on UB2 pin 8 (7425) please. This should indicate that RAM is being selected.

Dave

Unfortunately ram are all solded
    but i have desolder machine.....

Dave

Can i check Ub2 with pettester inserted?

No, please don't start desoldering things on a whim please.

I added a bit more information to my previous post for you to check a pin out.

Let's see if we are getting correct reads and writes.

>>> Can i check Ub2 with pettester inserted?

Yes, in fact, I don't want you to remove my PETTEST until told to.

Dave

No, please don't start desoldering things on a whim please.

I added a bit more information to my previous post for you to check a pin out.

Let's see if we are getting correct reads and writes.

>>> Can i check Ub2 with pettester inserted?

Yes, in fact, I don't want you to remove my PETTEST until told to.

Dave

ok, yes ub2 pin 8 pulse!