Image Map Image Map
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Commodore pet 3032 screen full of lines

Thanks for helping me look into this Dave

I've dusted off in inside and checked continuity on the screen and keyboard connectors, these are ok. Fiddled with the three pots on the rear of the screen (Brightness, SubBrightness, Focus) but it's just solid color.

I mostly repair 50's~60's Jukeboxes, Cassette players and Modern computers, Though I've watched up on 8 Bit computers and the general principles of how they work. I'm up for a challenge though

The installed Processor is an SY6205A, But not a MOS chip, not sure if this is correct. There's two other chips in sockets

Code:
    MOS - Above the screen connector
    904147-10

MOS - Second row above the serial number ( I'm thinking this is the ROM based on previous reading? )
    904198-01
    Everything else is soldered in, And there's two empty sockets

20190916_221804[1].jpg

Quote Originally Posted by daver2 View Post
    Excellent news about your delivery. Speedy response!

Can I give you a bit of 'homework' reading to do about oscilloscope basics?

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials...cilloscope/all

https://www.instructables.com/id/Oscilloscope-How-To/

These articles (and others like them on the web) will tell you the basics of what an oscilloscope is, how it works, how it takes measurements and what the basic controls do.

Have a read of these articles first and then we will pick up from there.

It sounds like as though your 6520's and 6522's are not to blame for your problems either...

Dave

Hi Dave thanks!
    I know a little about the oscilloscope ... I had a vintage a while ago...

I don't know this mini oscilloscope but I think it's not difficult to use.
    A friend ship me a Nop generator .... when courier deliver it to me we can proceed with the tests if it's okay for you!

Sounds like a plan to me!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sabrent View Post
    Sorry for this, I'm new here so i'm not sure what to do

I've just picked up what I think is a 8032 Universal Dynamic PET ( Based off the board as all the stickers have been pealed off ) for 40, That appears to have this issue, but the startup chime does play when powered on. Would It be better to start a new thread for this or watch this one?

Attachment 56100
    It might be better to follow this thread for some time and then make a new post. You'll get better response and the people helping won't confuse the two similar threads.
    There are a lot of things that can cause what you are seeing but following this thread will help you to understand what is involved.
    Dwight

Hi guys, no news for me??

Has your NOP generator arrived?

I am actually taking a night off tonight - I have a headache.

Sabrent: Are you able to create a new thread yet for your repair? If we are not careful we will have two repairs on the same thread and that may cause utter confusion ! The other problem is you are being moderated (quite rightly - hi mods you do a wonderful job of keeping the 'junk' down for us). I would advise you to get a few relevant posts on various threads first - i.e. introduce yourself on the introductions thread etc. Eventually, you will be allowed to post unhindered once you have demonstrated you are not a spammer etc.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daver2 View Post
    Has your NOP generator arrived?

I am actually taking a night off tonight - I have a headache.

Sabrent: Are you able to create a new thread yet for your repair? If we are not careful we will have two repairs on the same thread and that may cause utter confusion ! The other problem is you are being moderated (quite rightly - hi mods you do a wonderful job of keeping the 'junk' down for us). I would advise you to get a few relevant posts on various threads first - i.e. introduce yourself on the introductions thread etc. Eventually, you will be allowed to post unhindered once you have demonstrated you are not a spammer etc.

Dave
    Hi Dave in sorry for your headache ☹
    Not, maybe Nop come to me tomorrow.
    Is there nothing can i do without Nop?

I'll live !

Let's see if your NOP generator comes tomorrow...

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ilpaninaro View Post
    Hi guys,please can anyone help me please?
    I've bought a Cbm 3032 Pet....when i turn on it, i can see only screen full of horizontal lines... (i attach picture)...
    what could cause the problem?
    Thanks!Attachment 55925
    I don't know if you have this. But I just fixed my commodore that was doing that by replacing two cap's in the video intermediary box between the computer and the tv. Working on tv in past every time I had line problems I went to the cap's first.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobball2000 View Post
    I don't know if you have this. But I just fixed my commodore that was doing that by replacing two cap's in the video intermediary box between the computer and the tv. Working on tv in past every time I had line problems I went to the cap's first.

??????