Image Map Image Map

Thread: Leading Technology 6000SX - How do you enter bios setup?

Default Leading Technology 6000SX - How do you enter bios setup?

Hi, I am trying to enter bios setup on a Leading Technology 6000SX. It has Phoenix Bios 1.10 05E and there is no display of a hotkey (like F2) to get into setup. I have a LT 6800SX with Phoenix Bios 1.10 00I and it clearly indicates to use F2. On the 6000SX this does not work (neither does ESC, DEL, F1). Not sure if anyone might know the answer to this.

Also, the 6800SX board is bad and I am trying to find a replacement. Is it possible to swap the BIOS chips from one to another? If I can't figure out how to enter the setup this may be a way but don't want to brick the 6000SX.

Thanks!

I am unfamiliar with Leading Technology machines.

According to what I can see, some keyboard methods of getting into different Phoenix BIOS' are:

F1
    F2
    Ctrl-Alt-Esc
    Ctrl-Alt-S
    Ctrl-S
    Ctrl-Alt-Ins

Have you tried removing the 'CMOS SETUP' battery, then waiting a while (maybe 15 minutes), then seeing if at turn-on, you get a prompt to enter 'CMOS SETUP'.

Blog Entries

I have a few machines running a Pheonix BIOS 1.1 variants, most of mine required a disk based utility.
    I found that GSETUP did the job on all of them, but (where possible) the manufacturers configuration tool sometimes offered a few bonus settings.

If you don't have any luck with a hotkey, perhaps they didn't add it until later models?
    WTB: IBM RT Parts and Accessories, and AOS.
    Twitter / Discord / YouTube / Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by SpidersWeb View Post
    I have a few machines running a Pheonix BIOS 1.1 variants, most of mine required a disk based utility.
    I found that GSETUP did the job on all of them, but (where possible) the manufacturers configuration tool sometimes offered a few bonus settings. ?
    Yep, same here. GSETUP is a great utility on older 286/386's. FYI, available here:

https://www.elhvb.com/webhq/download/index.htm

Thanks for the suggestions. So it turns out that a keyboard error (i.e. not plugged in) doesn't trip the F2 setup. Probably because you don't have a keyboard to trip the setup . However, if you unplug a drive you get a configuration error and are prompted to hit F2 for setup. Strangely, I can't get F2 to work during boot otherwise. So I probably need to try GSETUP to see if that works.