Image Map Image Map

Thread: So I bought a Fujifilm camera

Default So I bought a Fujifilm camera

I can't remember the model. 16mpix, 40x zoom. A steal, 25$ shipped. Works sometimes too! Just now it wouldn't turn on, via power button or depressing the video button. So I opened the battery cover, closed it, and wala. I don't think I can.assume the trick will always work. But what likely is the problem. I like the camera, always liked FF for some reason. I used to know this clown who would chase storms and whatnot. He always had a Fuji.

I think you mean, "Voila!"

Blog Entries

My "newest" digital camera is a Fuji Film jx520 handheld. 14MP HD video 5x wide lens. Had it for years and it was an ebay special for like $15. Stuck a 32GB card init and a new battery and rarely use it. Smart phones with decent cameras pretty much killed the small handheld market and and nice digital cameras with the removable zoom lenses are expensive. Would like a digital version of my Olympus IS-10 film camera.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by tipc View Post
    I can't remember the model. 16mpix, 40x zoom. A steal, 25$ shipped. Works sometimes too! Just now it wouldn't turn on, via power button or depressing the video button. So I opened the battery cover, closed it, and wala. I don't think I can.assume the trick will always work. But what likely is the problem. I like the camera, always liked FF for some reason. I used to know this clown who would chase storms and whatnot. He always had a Fuji.
    Either dirty contacts or the spring tension has weakened? Can the battery wiggle in its space?

But generally cameras can be tuned on by holding down the video button. And that doesn't solve the problem. So I have to believe that rules out the spring and dirty contacts. This camera does not seem to have had a lot of use. I'll look eat the batteriies, but I doubt that's the problem.

Actually on some or most cameras depressing or holding down the playback button isan alternate means of turning it on. The bottom with the triangle, not the video button.

It may actually be on account of a sticky on off switch. It may not actually make it to fully off maybe, which I can see preventing it from turning on by any method. I'm not in a hurry to open this up though. It seems less difficult or less intricate then my nikon according to a youtube video. My Nikon still works ... all the time .

Blog Entries

I'll have to take a look for a good used digicam--suggestions welcome. I've got a bunch of old ones, starting with an old 640x480 model. I have a Fuji, but it's only 1.5Mpix. My favorite for awhile was a Minolta Dimage 7Hi; good glass. Still works, but drinks batteries. Now, I've got a variety of older consumer grade Canon and Pentax units.

Anyone in the market for a very clean Nikon F2S?

Believe it or not Mpix is not what to look for in a camera.

The most important feature is the Sensor Size:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_sensor_format

SensorSizes.svg_.jpg
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

This is an S8200. It's bigger then similarly specced Nikons for instances, bulkier, but I like that. I've had the Nikon L105 for about 6 years and although it's a bit wonky, it gave superb service. I've taken 10s of thousands of photos with it. If you buy a camera off ebay, try and get a "hardly used" one.