Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olivetti M21/M24 with BIOS version 1.44

Interesting, please continue to analyze. What would be the reason to change that what you found? Does that BIOs have maybe a bigger list of supported harddisks? Does it have maybe better floppy code / controller initialisation - you remember, that I have a lot of IRQ issues with lowlevel floppy tools (like IMD, Teledisk, ...)?

Blog Entries

I'm spread too thin to continue in a reasonable amount of depth, sorry. Was hoping someone else with more time and less projects could take up the mantle.

Based on a very cursory look over the entire thing, the only major changes I could see was to hard disk operations. I'm guessing they added support for later hard disk models.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

I just replaced the original v1.43 ROMs in my 6300 with a pair of EPROMs containing the split binary files I attached to this thread the other day. I'm pleased to report this BIOS extract works just fine!

The system boots normally from the original ST-225 and I don't perceive any differences to v1.43 yet.

IMG-5869.jpg

IMG-5870.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 1ST1 View Post
    Anybody here bought that M21? The vendor did not manage to read the BIOS with debug. So it's on you to do it.
    Sorry for the late reply - that was me. I had it delivered to Italy though, so I won’t get my hands on it till December.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerio View Post
    Sorry for the late reply - that was me. I had it delivered to Italy though, so I won’t get my hands on it till December.
    Good to see that it comes to good hands. Anyhow, the BIOS already is save.