Image Map Image Map

Thread: CD-ROM Options?

Blog Entries

Default CD-ROM Options?

What are the options for installing a CD-ROM in a Tandy 1000 TL? What kind of connections are needed / Adapter Card needed?

Can you do anything with a CD-ROM installed on a TL?
    "In Life, The Days Are Long But The Years Are Short..."

You'll probably need the adapter card for that particular CD-ROM since it will be the older, proprietary type, i.e., Panasonic, Mitsumi, Sony, etc., unless you have a sound card with one or all of those interfaces on the card or an IDE interface for an ATAPI drive.

Alternatively, if your TL is on a network you could possibly use a networked CD-ROM.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Smack2k View Post
    What are the options for installing a CD-ROM in a Tandy 1000 TL? What kind of connections are needed / Adapter Card needed?

Can you do anything with a CD-ROM installed on a TL?
    Possibly a parallel port CD-ROM (backpack etc.) if you enabled nibble mode on the 1000TL and picked up an adapter, or added a second LPT card.

Blog Entries

I have one of the official Tandy CD-ROM drives and it's a really old manual inject tray loader but it's IDE.

I don't have a photo immediately available right now but I got this picture of the same drive.
    = Excellent space heater

Blog Entries

Thank you for all the information......looking to see what I have and if I can put one in my TL!
    "In Life, The Days Are Long But The Years Are Short..."