Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dictaphone 6111?

Default Dictaphone 6111?

Just picked up a pretty odd computer today and I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on it. All I know is it's a Dictaphone model 6111 and it runs CP/M.

20190921_114021.jpg

Blog Entries

Got a boot disk for it?

I do have disks to try, a couple original ones and some copies but I didn't have time to try them yet

I checked through all the disks I got with the machine, and all of them at least attempt to boot but all I get on the screen is a blinking cursor. I doubt all of these 12 disks could be bad so I'm going to assume the floppy drive needs work. It does sound like it's booting fine though

The RICM just received one as a donation. It boots, but there is a video problem and the cursor is flickering all over the screen.
    Member of the Rhode Island Computer Museum
    http://www.ricomputermuseum.org

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    Just picked up a pretty odd computer today and I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on it. All I know is it's a Dictaphone model 6111 and it runs CP/M.

20190921_114021.jpg
    Did you get this to match alongside your Zaisan computer?

Quote Originally Posted by m_thompson View Post
    The RICM just received one as a donation. It boots, but there is a video problem and the cursor is flickering all over the screen.
    That would be this exact one, I went down there yesterday and dropped it off. I thought the museum would be a better place for it

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    That would be this exact one, I went down there yesterday and dropped it off. I thought the museum would be a better place for it
    I have posted on forums looking for information on your donation. I found that Pitney Bowes owned Artec, the manufacturer, from December 1, 1981 to October 11, 1983, so that narrows down the date that it was made. Other than that I have found nothing.

Thanks again for your donation.
    Member of the Rhode Island Computer Museum
    http://www.ricomputermuseum.org

Quote Originally Posted by m_thompson View Post
    I have posted on forums looking for information on your donation. I found that Pitney Bowes owned Artec, the manufacturer, from December 1, 1981 to October 11, 1983, so that narrows down the date that it was made. Other than that I have found nothing.

Thanks again for your donation.
    Well that's more than I was able to find on it, I'd bet it was sold through Dictaphone sort of as a basic machine for offices and it wasn't very popular at all. I do know that one came from a small law office in Boston. Probably not a huge demand for CP/M machines at that point plus there were a ton of more capable machines on the market.

If anyone would like to see a video of this machine, the Dictaphone 6111. I just uploaded a video to the RICM youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH5gBf-ivVc