Image Map Image Map
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Computer Warehouse Liquidation

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    So what do you suggest then? Buy an iPhone and only send "text" messages like every other teenage girl on the planet?
    Actually, I think stone was only suggesting that you maybe use an email address that wasn't blacklisted so you didn't have to call them or text them to ask them to check their spam folder for your email. It does seem a bit redundant if you have to follow up with some other means of communication every time you want to email someone. Might as well just skip the emailing part, at that point.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Quote Originally Posted by ngtwolf View Post
    Actually, I think stone was only suggesting that you maybe use an email address that wasn't blacklisted so you didn't have to call them or text them to ask them to check their spam folder for your email. It does seem a bit redundant if you have to follow up with some other means of communication every time you want to email someone. Might as well just skip the emailing part, at that point.
    Exactly!...

What good is an email that requires you to jump through several hoops to do what it should be able to to in a few seconds without any further input or attention.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by ngtwolf View Post
    I guess you haven't tried setting up a new email domain today. You can go through and do all the proper settings for DNS and email server, on a fresh domain. You can check all the blacklists to make sure your IP is clear. You can run all the relay checkers. You can check your email headers that they are correct. They will all be passing the checks. But guess what? If you are him, and send an email from your private server to an @gmail.com (handled by google), I will 100% guarantee it will always go to their spam folder. Then then next step I took after I found this out is try to contact google. But there is no way to contact google without a google account. And if you try to contact them using a google account, you get a response from a bot. In the end, the only piece of advice that anyone can give is to ask every person you send an email to to check their spam folder and whitelist you. It's the only option. I'm told, even if you can get a real person at google to allow your server because you are a medium sized company, a few days later you are automatically blacklisted again anyway.

If you are not Microsoft, Google, or I guess Apple, you will not be able to send email. Most companies are built on Microsoft and Google email anyway. At this point even texting works better than email.

My next step is to try a pay service that doesn't track you. If that doesn't work, and google blocks the emails from the largest alternatives, I'm deeply considering going back to snail mail for all _personal_ communication -- I'm serious.

What has Gmail got to do with this? Legalize never mentioned Gmail.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    What has Gmail got to do with this? Legalize never mentioned Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPE1704TKS
    Please email me for further details at tsraguso@gmail.com
    Obligatory filler message to submit reply:
    Errors
    The following errors occurred with your submission
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by the3dfxdude View Post
    Obligatory filler message to submit reply:
    Errors
    The following errors occurred with your submission
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
    Sorry, but I'm not following this at all.

Blog Entries

If you are him, and send an email from your private server to an @gmail.com (handled by google), I will 100% guarantee it will always go to their spam folder.
    You likely forgot to set up a proper SPF record. gmail rejects outright without a valid SPF record.

I only send from my own server, and all my gmail friends have always received my emails just fine.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

I'm interested in a Color Computer 3 as well as Amiga 600 or 1200, and Atari STE 1040.

I guess you haven't tried setting up a new email domain today. You can go through and do all the proper settings for DNS and email server, on a fresh domain. You can check all the blacklists to make sure your IP is clear. You can run all the relay checkers. You can check your email headers that they are correct. They will all be passing the checks. But guess what? If you are him, and send an email from your private server to an @gmail.com (handled by google), I will 100% guarantee it will always go to their spam folder. Then then next step I took after I found this out is try to contact google. But there is no way to contact google without a google account. And if you try to contact them using a google account, you get a response from a bot. In the end, the only piece of advice that anyone can give is to ask every person you send an email to to check their spam folder and whitelist you. It's the only option. I'm told, even if you can get a real person at google to allow your server because you are a medium sized company, a few days later you are automatically blacklisted again anyway.

If you are not Microsoft, Google, or I guess Apple, you will not be able to send email. Most companies are built on Microsoft and Google email anyway. At this point even texting works better than email.

My next step is to try a pay service that doesn't track you. If that doesn't work, and google blocks the emails from the largest alternatives, I'm deeply considering going back to snail mail for all _personal_ communication -- I'm serious.
    Have you tried sdf.org? I don't think that gets routed to spam since they've been established for so long.

I guess you haven't tried setting up a new email domain today.
    Nope, I got my domain back in the 90's and had an exchange server at that time, sometime in the 2000's i moved my mail over through google apps. So, even though I have my own domain, it technically all goes through google, and google doesn't blacklist itself nor has anyone else put my email in a spam folder.

If that doesn't work, and google blocks the emails from the largest alternatives, I'm deeply considering going back to snail mail for all _personal_ communication -- I'm serious.
    Hah, because the post office is so reliable.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA