Image Map Image Map

Thread: Two XTIDE rev.2s don't see HDD

Default Two XTIDE rev.2s don't see HDD

Hello,

I have soldered two new XTIDE rev. 2s. I set the I/O address to 340h. I used the ROM of my rev. 1 to test the two boards. Of course I set the two jumpers for latency mode. The RS-232 parts are not installed.

What do I see? The ROM starts up and says it starts checking for address 340h. Within a fraction of a second it says there is no HDD present. If I change the I/O address or set the card in rev 2 mode, it takes seconds before the ROM reports there is no HDD present.

Am I overlooking something or doing something wrong? Is there a way to test the interface?

Thanks for any advise!
    With kind regards / met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org

VCF member MattisLind recently had a similar problem with 2 r3 boards, Turned out to be IC problems http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...753#post586753

If you're happy with all solder joints and card is configured / jumpered correctly I'd test or swap the IC's in the IDE circuit. What hard drive are you using.

Quote Originally Posted by Malc View Post
    I'd test or swap the IC's in the IDE circuit.
    I tested all the ICs using an IC tester and (I think) for the first time in history I didn't use sockets. But Murphy is everywhere

What hard drive are you using.
    Several ones, including the one that I use in my XT with the rev. 1 card. So I can rule out the HDD IMHO.
    With kind regards / met vriendelijke groet, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org