Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unbelievably Valuable ASR33

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Groenenberg View Post
    Indeed this works. I have an model 32 telext (60Hz) while our line frequency is 50Hz.
    I use a powerbrick from a server (12V@70Amps) and feed that into an inverter (600W) which churns out 110V/60Hz.
    So when I power it on, I first hear the PSU fans come alive, and about 3 seconds later, the motor of the machine starts.
    Fairly cheap solution, the PSU was free, the inverter was about 120 Euro's.

My model 33 ASR does have the 50Hz gearset, so for that one I only use a step down transformer.
    I wonder where you got the US spec inverter. I have a card reader that needs similar, and I can't find a suitable inverter anywhere....
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

Quote Originally Posted by g4ugm View Post
    I wonder where you got the US spec inverter. I have a card reader that needs similar, and I can't find a suitable inverter anywhere....
    Oh, just have a look on ebay, there is where I got mine.
    JNGE seems to be a reliable brand.
    Just search for 'pure sine inverter 110V'. Usually the sellers offers a selection menyu with the voltage and frequency.
    Do not buy a 'modified sine' inverter, these apparently are not usable for a motor driven apparatus.

+1 for eBay and also for the ‘pure’ sine wave comment. Mine wasn’t expensive and I ran a 1/3 hp motor for years from one. Same as you basically Ed, using a huge old 24v supply to run (what I think was meant to be) a truck inverter.

Quote Originally Posted by bobaboba View Post
    +1 for eBay and also for the ‘pure’ sine wave comment. Mine wasn’t expensive and I ran a 1/3 hp motor for years from one. Same as you basically Ed, using a huge old 24v supply to run (what I think was meant to be) a truck inverter.
    Thanks

This is how it looks inside the model 32.

SAM_4039.jpg