Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievably Valuable ASR33

Default Unbelievably Valuable ASR33

An ASR33 has just sold for £4300 on eBay UK. Who’d ever have believed it?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Data-Dyna...wAAOSwk6Fdg80a

Scary price. Only four bidders though and the last two drove it up £3000. I'd love to give one of these a home one day when I'm organised enough to have room, but if they're going to be that price, maybe I've missed my chance

That's an awfully high price. Perhaps it's just due to location? That's several times what they're worth in the USA, even fixed up.

Wow!

4300 pound is approx 5300 Dollar. You can ship a lot from the US for that money...
    WTB: Case for Altair 8800 ...... Rolands Github projects

The seller landed on his feet, looks like a house clearance company.

Maybe it was to get the rare dust cover. It isn't even a modem model, just a plain 33.
    A similar one sold in the US for less then 1/10th that price.
    Dwight
    Last edited by Dwight Elvey; September 27th, 2019 at 08:27 AM.

Blog Entries

I got mine for $400. Unfortunately it is missing it's base with the power supply for the tape reader. Works fairly good otherwise though!

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    I got mine for $400. Unfortunately it is missing it's base with the power supply for the tape reader. Works fairly good otherwise though!
    A couple extra thousand quid and you coulda had that.

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    When I got mine, the base was in a separate box. I didn't know at the time that the supply for the reader was in the base. I didn't have space for the base so I left it boxed up. I got the schematic for the supply and made one on a breadboard. It isn't as pretty as the real one but should work fine. Since I now have a real supply, you're welcome to the breadboard one if you pay postage. Let me know in a PM.
    Dwight

Wow!
    I got mine (with a teperint marked dustcover) for the price of 2 bottles of wine.
    Okay, that was several years ago, but still....