Image Map Image Map

Thread: Did anyone ever fix Creative's Audigy drivers?

Blog Entries

Default Did anyone ever fix Creative's Audigy drivers?

The one big thing that bothered me ever since I upgraded form a Windows XP machine to windows 7 earlier this year was that my Audigy card no longer worked right. All the inputs became choppy. As it turns out, Creative's 64-bit drivers are not 64-bit "clean". If your machine has more than 4gb of ram the drivers bug out and cause the input sources to go choppy. The only fix I found was to limit how much memory Windows sees, which in this day and age is insane.
    These are great cards but I was hoping not to retire it simply because of a buggy driver released ten years ago. Was there ever a fix made?
    = Excellent space heater

Yep. I haven't tried these myself, but they are well-regarded and seem to have fully 64-bit versions available: https://github.com/kxproject

Incidentally the modern Linux support for Audigy cards is fantastic. I use an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum in my main workstation.

Blog Entries

A completely rewritten driver. That's kinda amazing.
    Alright, I'll download that and try and get ready to load it. I assume that you need to uninstall and clean out whatever remains of Creative's official drivers before this works properly.
    = Excellent space heater