Image Map Image Map

Thread: Capacitors Indirect Case

Blog Entries

Default Capacitors Indirect Case

A court case of Plaintiffs claiming defendants engaged in conspiracy of capacitor prices.

Is the possible settlement for the $13.18 I spent on capacitors during the time period worth the price of a stamp?
    Kaypro 1,2,II,2X,10 Apple IIe Apple IIgs Commodore 128d, 64 IBM 5160 Ampro littleboard

Blog Entries

Link here

This being a class-action case, if settled, means a new yacht or plane for the lead litigator. Maybe a coupon for a Big Mac for the major claimants.

Full employment for lawyers.

Blog Entries

There has to be a machanism to punish a bunch of companies screwing many people out of small sums each that would go unpunished otherwise. Keeps all companies from price fixing.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

Yes, but such actions rarely make the victims whole, do they?

Blog Entries

Well if that $10 ruined your life I guess not. As long as the company gets stiffed with a bill larger then the profit they made from price fixing PLUS the crazy lawyer costs on top of that I am happy. Some executive jail time would be nice but that won't happen.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

A bad component can have far wider ramifications than simply being a dud. It can explode, leak or ruin other components.

The only way you'd get the industry to stop price fixing is to hit them where it hurts, an embargo on their products in a large market.

Litigation like this is pocket change for them, they'll use this lawsuit as an excuse to raise the prices on their products more than when they were price fixing and blame it on litigation costs.

They should be require to reduce the value of shares to current share holders by giving the suing litigants shares of those stocks. I can assure you that in the future it won't happen. Taking their money from the corporation does little. Hitting the share holders hard has an immediate effect. Value should be based on the value of the stocks, either at the time the suet was files of at the end, whichever was better for the suing litigants.
    Heads will roll.
    Dwight