Image Map Image Map

Thread: WTB: Apple IIgs 3.5" disk drive (preferably working, but doesn't *have* to be)

Default WTB: Apple IIgs 3.5" disk drive (preferably working, but doesn't *have* to be)

I have one that got mauled in shipping. Enclosure is busted up and it doesn't want to read any media. I'd prefer to buy one that's working, but if you've got a broken one for the right price maybe I can swap parts around and get one working...... Thanks!
    -- Lee

May Be Interested In Acquiring: Mac IIsi, Quadra 840AV, Commodore PC(286+)/64C/128D, PC-era Tandy stuff, Peculiar Old Serial Terminals.
    Old Computer Fun! (Muh Projects Blahg) | Muh YouTube Channel that goes with it

I was in the same boat.. I had to buy these as I had no alternatives. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-3-5-F...72.m2749.l2649 and https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-198...72.m2749.l2649

What I am getting at is these things are very expensive it seems.

Yeah...... I bought the machine specifically for the monitor and the 3.5" disk drive, and those are the two things that got smashed up the worst. Lol. I got my money back at least, but he didn't want to pay the return shipping so now I am stuck trying to fix this stuff (I'm certainly not going to trash any of it).
    -- Lee

May Be Interested In Acquiring: Mac IIsi, Quadra 840AV, Commodore PC(286+)/64C/128D, PC-era Tandy stuff, Peculiar Old Serial Terminals.

What's the model number? I've got a drive, but I'm not sure if it's Apple IIe, IIgs, or Mac. I also don't know if it works. It's the most yellowed drive I have ever seen. I mainly picked it up because I wanted to see about retrobriting something so yellow.

Thanks man, I appreciate your response. A9M0106 is the model number. IMG_20191009_191314.jpg
    -- Lee