Image Map Image Map

Thread: WTB: Early IBM PS/2 two button mouse.

Default WTB: Early IBM PS/2 two button mouse.

The early version from the 80s, like this: mouse03.jpg

Thanks!
    May Be Interested In Acquiring: Mac SE-30, IIsi, Quadra 840AV, Commodore PC(286+)/64C/128D, PC-era Tandy stuff.

Out of curiosity, why do you want one of these? I own one and it is absolutely awful. It's not just its condition either, it was NOS. The mouse just isn't very good ... It's like the polar opposite of its counterpart the Model M. Mushy buttons, having to click fairly hard to get a response...
    Looking For:
    IBM PS/2 8595 Motherboard
    MCA sound card (will pay big bucks)
    IBM PC Server 720/others

Blog Entries

The original components are good for exhibition. I also hate that mouse, but it's the mouse that came with the IBM PS/2 Model 30, and looks good/consistent when paired with one, so that's the one I put out when exhibiting my PS/2 Model 30.

Sometimes it can be educational. It can be good to use the systems as they were originally introduced, to get a feel for how bad (or good) certain aspects were. Keyboards, especially.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

I'm gonna gut a Dell PS/2 optical mouse and transplant the guts into the IBM rollerball garbage. It'll be going on a PS/2 Model 25 with some upgraded innards, but I want it to be "period correct" aesthetically.

Just bought one on ebay, so no longer looking.

A good portion of my enjoyment/nostalgia of playing old DOS games is experiencing the peculiar ergonomics (even if they are kinda crappy) of the various systems (I'm lookin' at you, Tandy 1000 HX keyboard!). Otherwise I might as well be running DosBox.
    Last edited by bladamson; October 10th, 2019 at 04:18 PM.
    May Be Interested In Acquiring: Mac SE-30, IIsi, Quadra 840AV, Commodore PC(286+)/64C/128D, PC-era Tandy stuff.

I think it’s fine personally. The buttons do have a fairly long travel before they “click,” but it doesn’t really bother me, and I’ve found that most early mice (my Microsoft gray-eyed mouse, for example) are the same way.

I always use this mouse with my Model 80.
    Compaq - “It simply works better”

Quote Originally Posted by bladamson View Post
    ...I might as well be running DosBox.
    I prefer the older games on DosBox.
    PM me if you're looking for 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks. EMail “ ” For everything else, Take Another Step