Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy II PC Formats

Default Copy II PC Formats

I just got my 5160 set up with a Central Point Deluxe Option Board and I was just wondering what format of disk image Copy II PC needs. Specifically I have a copy of King's Quest for the PCjr as a .img file and I want to write it using Copy II PC.

.IMG files are not copy protected and neither need nor use Copy II PC. Try a normal .IMG program like Winimage or Rawrite.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

The problem is King's Quest is not in a regular format so neither of those work. I've tried everything I can think of to try and write it and nothing works. Even Copy II PC glitches out when I try to write a disk.. Maybe someone can post an image they made with Copy II PC so I know it'll work?
    Last edited by RadRacer203; October 11th, 2019 at 03:38 PM.

Where did you get that file?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

CopyIIPC files are sui generis; as far as I am aware, there exist no format interchange utilities for those.

The software used by a Central Point Deluxe Option Board is "Transcopy".

"Copy II PC" is the copy utility that needs no extra hardware.

Transcopy uses the extension ".IMG" by default, but it is not a sector image. Everyone who uses Transcopy renames the files to the extension ".TC" for distribution. (And then renames them back to .IMG unless they modify their TC.EXE to look for the .TC extension instead).

Blog Entries

I thought that the OP said that he had a DOB already. I assumed that he also had the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I thought that the OP said that he had a DOB already. I assumed that he also had the software.
    I do have the option board and original software. I think I just got copy II PC mixed up with Transcopy, that's what I'm using to try and write these images. The image files are from the Total DOS Collection

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    I think I just got copy II PC mixed up with Transcopy, that's what I'm using to try and write these images.
    Once again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    .IMG files are not copy protected and neither need nor use Copy II PC. Try a normal .IMG program like Winimage or Rawrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Transcopy uses the extension ".IMG" by default, but it is not a sector image.

The issue is I've tried pretty much every program I can find including winimage and rawrite and I still can't make a working King's Quest disk. I'm certain that I can make one with this setup but I can't get Transcopy to write the disk. It glitches out and freezes when I try to write it