Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: WTB:USA: Vintage ATX tower case.

  1. #1

    Default WTB:USA: Vintage ATX tower case.

    I'm looking for a early AXT case 1995 to 2000ish. Must be mid size or bigger, beige and good cooling for the age. I"m kinda picky on what I'm looking for so if you have something shoot me a photo and I will let you know if I could use it.
    Thanks.
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

  2. #2

    Default

    I've got one from 2000.

    It's got 4 external 5" bays and 2 external, 1 internal 3" bays.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    4,699

    Default

    I've got a small stack of these:

    78b0e0f60d9ced56ce9f15ea88ddf391.jpg

    Mine don't have the side panel vent/fan though, and they're the slightly taller variant with 3x 5.25" bays and 2x 3.5" bays. The motherboard comes out on a tray, which is really nice -- that's what made these one of my favorite cases in the early 2000s.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    I've got a small stack of these:

    78b0e0f60d9ced56ce9f15ea88ddf391.jpg

    Mine don't have the side panel vent/fan though, and they're the slightly taller variant with 3x 5.25" bays and 2x 3.5" bays. The motherboard comes out on a tray, which is really nice -- that's what made these one of my favorite cases in the early 2000s.


    I could be wrong but inst that a Matx case?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I've got one from 2000.

    It's got 4 external 5" bays and 2 external, 1 internal 3" bays.
    photo?
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

  5. #5

    Default

    I've also got another one, similar to the one I mentioned above, but with 3 external 5" bays instead of 4.

    Which are you more interested in seeing?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I've also got another one, similar to the one I mentioned above, but with 3 external 5" bays instead of 4.

    Which are you more interested in seeing?
    Why not both? If its not to much trouble that is?

    Also for anyone that is wondering I'm going to be putting a water cooled system in it, likely a dual slot 1 system with is why I'm kinda picky on the case.

    EDIT:
    by the way thanks for the offers guys.
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    4,699

    Default

    Oh, you probably don't want one of these if you're doing water cooled. Part of the PSU mount/drive cage would probably be in the way -- that's part of why the motherboard slides out on a tray. The ones I have are full ATX, the picture might well be a Micro-ATX version. I just grabbed the first image that looked like what I've got, since what I've got is stacked up with the other beige boxes in the corner of the shop

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    Why not both? ...
    Also for anyone that is wondering I'm going to be putting a water cooled system in it, likely a dual slot 1 system with is why I'm kinda picky on the case.
    Then you'd probably be more interested in the second one I mentioned since it's roomier inside and already has a case fan mounted under the PSU area.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ohio/USA
    Posts
    7,702
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Dual slot-1 would be E-atx correct? I don't think most fit into a small midsized tower.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Then you'd probably be more interested in the second one I mentioned since it's roomier inside and already has a case fan mounted under the PSU area.
    Ok.
    To be honest more then anything im looking for a case with the right look. I don't mind if I have to mod the case some to make it all fit. I have radiators and parts off all shapes and sizes so more then anything ill be working around any problems i run into with space.
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •