Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTB:USA: Vintage ATX tower case.

Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    IIRC, the Super Micro P6DBE was an ATX motherboard. I had a few back in the day stuck in ATX mid tower cases.

I wish I had kept one around because I have more Slot 1 PIIIs than I know what to do with.
    I know that feeling. I get rid of stuff all the time that I later regret.
    I also think gigabyte had a normal full ATX dual slot 1 board too.
    Last edited by Mr. Horse; October 25th, 2019 at 08:28 AM.
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

IIRC, the Super Micro P6DBE was an ATX motherboard. I had a few back in the day stuck in ATX mid tower cases.

I wish I had kept one around because I have more Slot 1 PIIIs than I know what to do with.
    I have a couple of NOS P6DBE motherboards in storage, but I wont be near that storage unit for a few months. You can find the driver/manual CD over at -0

P6DBE_box.jpgP6DBE_label.jpgP6DBE_inside.jpgP6DBE_board.jpg
    Last edited by liqmat; October 25th, 2019 at 11:37 AM.

Blog Entries

I only have 2 dual slot 1 systems and one is an OEM HP Netserver. The dual slot 1? XEONs look impressive if you can still find them.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    I only have 2 dual slot 1 systems and one is an OEM HP Netserver. The dual slot 1? XEONs look impressive if you can still find them.
    I could be wrong but I think the slot xeon's use a different slot, slot 2 if I recall right. I could be wrong. I never dealt with Xeon's from that time.
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    I've got a small stack of these:

Attachment 56721

Mine don't have the side panel vent/fan though, and they're the slightly taller variant with 3x 5.25" bays and 2x 3.5" bays. The motherboard comes out on a tray, which is really nice -- that's what made these one of my favorite cases in the early 2000s.
    Yeah, those Lian Li (I think) cases are very very nice. Very sturdy folded steel cage.
    (I weight 200+ lbs and I can sit on them and not worry about it collapsing on my weight.)
    Slide out motherboard tray is very nice too. Love to get a few of those.
    Down side is that they're designed for 80mm fans. I cut a blow hole on top once; 3/16" steel shell didn't make it easy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the slot xeon's use a different slot, slot 2 if I recall right. I could be wrong. I never dealt with Xeon's from that time.
    Yup slot 2. Those systems had 2MB (or more) cache probably at CPU speed so they were very expensive and rare so I never owned one.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by liqmat View Post
    I have a couple of NOS P6DBE motherboards in storage, but I wont be near that storage unit for a few months. You can find the driver/manual CD over at -0

P6DBE_box.jpgP6DBE_label.jpgP6DBE_inside.jpgP6DBE_board.jpg
    If you're ever up to parting with one, I'd be interested.

If you're ever up to parting with one, I'd be interested.
    No worries, I'm keeping one and I'll reserve the other for you. I'll PM you when I get back up north. $50 + shipping.

I also have almost 20 NOS IBM labeled Intel P-II 300MHz Slot 1 CPUs I have no idea what I'm going to do with, but I'll deal with that later. I believe they were CPU options for their NetVista line. Comes with a server motherboard decal sticker all in an IBM OEM box. Slot 1 CPUs are so cheap right now except for the few rare ones like the 1GHz/100MHz FSB variety.
    Last edited by liqmat; November 12th, 2019 at 06:37 AM.