Image Map Image Map

Thread: Wtb: Ibm gpib isa

Default Wtb: Ibm gpib isa

Does anyone have an IBM GPIB 8-bit ISA board, otherwise known as a National Instruments 6323705 or compatible? I would like to make sure it has the same jumper blocks and compatible NEC D7210C. This is because I want to use software written for it, and I am unsure how standardized the controller is. According to the software, the jumper configuration is important. There is alot of test equipment using ieee-488, and randomly picking up a controller is not what I want to do. Programming information also would be helpful. I already know the jumpers. Also, if someone has a cable, that would be nice, but I'm not worried about finding one of those.

I'll go ahead and add this here since someone probably will eventually. This is the IBM databook for it:
    http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/oa/O...%20Adapter.pdf

Now I'm still interested in finding this or a cheap clone that isn't promoted as specialized test equipment.

I do not have the board you are looking for.

I have a National Instruments AT-GPIB/TNT (PLUG AND PLAY) with a label saying 183663C-01

If you are interested in this, please shoot me a PM.

smp

Quote Originally Posted by smp View Post
    I do not have the board you are looking for.

I have a National Instruments AT-GPIB/TNT (PLUG AND PLAY) with a label saying 183663C-01

If you are interested in this, please shoot me a PM.

smp
    If that doesn't work out for you, I have the same card, BUT its non-pnp. (full jumpers)
    uses this chip: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372014b.pdf
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Hi. Thanks to the both of you. The AT version does not have the same DMA jumpers as the PC/XT version, and I need DMA 1 and only have 8-bit slots. I will be sticking with the PC/XT version for now.

The IBM GPIB (8-bit) looks alot like a National Instruments "GPIB-PC" board from the same era. (NI made the IBM board). The only thing different is there is a blue switch block in the NI version, whereas the IBM board had jumpers to set the "adapter selection". I think this set the I/O address (up to 7 addresses). And there is a thing called "Interrupt Acknowledge Level" In the IBM databook, that I don't know how that works. If I can figure out where it corresponds then maybe that one will work. It seems more common to find.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/National-In...-/264491911384

looks like DMA 5/6/7 are the only options on this card. irq 3-15 though.

quite a few 16 bit cards work just fine in 8-bit slots. According to the data sheet:
    You can also use the ISA pin configurationTNT4882 with an 8-bit (PC/XT) bus.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.