Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Plastic storage box for 8 inch floppy disks

Default WTB: Plastic storage box for 8 inch floppy disks

I had one at one time, but cannot find it.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase a plastic storage box for 8 inch floppy disks?

TIA!

smp

If only you could take some of the empty space out of their atoms and shrink them to 5¼" size... I have several of that size.
    PM me if you're looking for 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks. EMail “ ” For everything else, Take Another Step

Do you have a Container Store® near you?

If not, Sterilite probably makes something close enough. Wal-Mart generally carries a good selection of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    If only you could take some of the empty space out of their atoms and shrink them to 5¼" size... I have several of that size.
    I was going to say the same thing. not every day you see an 8" floppy holder
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

Never Bin or sell your old computer's you will regret it!!
    Vic 20 x3,C64 x2,128D,C128 flat deck,A1000 x2,A500 x3,A2000,A600,A1200,Apple ][e,2x Apple][ GS rom 01,03,Apple ][c x4 with only 1 PSU,2x Laser 128EX EX2,Atari 600XL,2x 800XL,130XE w/320 mod With a MyIDE plus,Atari 1040stf w/2.5meg..

Ya', but $50 shipped is kinda dear.

I've got a 5¼" and a 3½" case, both of which are more than twice as large as that 8" case, that I'd ship anywhere domestically for $35.
    PM me if you're looking for 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks. EMail “ ” For everything else, Take Another Step

And it's for PCs

Check with the military. I read where they are getting rid of the nuclear launch systems that still use 8" disks

Blog Entries

I had one of the flip-top ones (still have them for 5.25"), but got rid of it after it slammed down a couple of times on my fingers. Darned thing was dangerous. I keep my 8" disks in a special filing cabinet that I made for them. If you're handy with woodworking, you might consider doing that yourself.

I might have one for you but would need to be shipped from the Netherlands (would be around 25 euro's shipping, paypal gift payment, regular paypal would be more because of fees).
    My collection of brochures : http://classic.technology