Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commodore PET 2001-8 w/ Chiclet Keyboard - FS on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Yes, there were 30 tapes and yes, I have them all, although I haven't checked recently whether they're still readable. There are several archives out there but at least one has some problems. The covering letters are indeed also at Bo Zimmer's site but most of the scans are skewed.

I can see if I can make some better scans, or take some pics, if that would help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Novell2NT View Post
    I can see if I can make some better scans, or take some pics, if that would help you.
    Thanks very much for the offer, but I'm OK with the skewed scans. However, if you should scan them for your own use/pleasure I'd be interested

Any specific covers that didn't work in VICE?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Thanks very much for the offer, but I'm OK with the skewed scans. However, if you should scan them for your own use/pleasure I'd be interested

Any specific covers that didn't work in VICE?
    It looks like the only one I tried was CURSOR4.D64 As that is the only Image I see inside my WinVice. Although I may have been trying to execute it incorrectly.

It looks like the only one I tried was CURSOR4.D64 As that is the only Image I see inside my WinVice. Although I may have been trying to execute it incorrectly.
    Sorry that was CURSOR24.D64

congrats on the $810.00 the auction ended at for your 2001-8 tcolegrove. Thats pretty good. I like mine too much to sell, maybe if/when it gets to the 2K mark.

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    congrats on the $810.00 the auction ended at for your 2001-8 tcolegrove. Thats pretty good. I like mine too much to sell, maybe if/when it gets to the 2K mark.
    I think that is the going price, in between $700 and $800. I was very fortunate, and was able to pick mine up for $300, because it was not working. When I would turn it on it would smoke. But all I had to
    do was replace one of the rectifier diodes and that pretty much fixed all the problems.

I just picked up an extra original Apple II with raised power on indicator, monitor and floppy drive, that I am working on. Everything seems to work, just having one problem with the "F" key. So, I will have
    to take the keyboard apart again, and take a look at it. It has the original Integer Basic and a ROMCard with the auto start Apple Basic and I have a few books that go with it as well.
    Boots off floppy drive although I have not run any applications on it. I am pretty sure that everything is working correctly.

I always forget how to get into the integer basic from the Monitor Prompt *. ( CTRL+B RETURN ) >

I am looking to get $1500 or more on this complete working system. So, as soon as I get that F key working... Sorry, I forgot, I need to pick up a Disk II Interface card. I had to use mine, to test the disk drive.
    I am only selling the system with 1 disk drive, as I want to keep one for myself, so that I will have 2 drives for my system.

Apple II - 1.jpg Apple II - 2.jpg Apple II - 3.jpg

I think that is the going price, in between $700 and $800. I was very fortunate, and was able to pick mine up for $300, because it was not working. When I would turn it on it would smoke. But all I had to
    do was replace one of the rectifier diodes and that pretty much fixed all the problems.

I just picked up an extra original Apple II with raised power on indicator, monitor and floppy drive, that I am working on. Everything seems to work, just having one problem with the "F" key. So, I will have
    to take the keyboard apart again, and take a look at it. It has the original Integer Basic and a ROMCard with the auto start Apple Basic and I have a few books that go with it as well.
    Boots off floppy drive although I have not run any applications on it. I am pretty sure that everything is working correctly.

I always forget how to get into the integer basic from the Monitor Prompt *. ( CTRL+B RETURN ) >

I am looking to get $1500 or more on this complete working system. So, as soon as I get that F key working... Sorry, I forgot, I need to pick up a Disk II Interface card. I had to use mine, to test the disk drive.
    I am only selling the system with 1 disk drive, as I want to keep one for myself, so that I will have 2 drives for my system.

Apple II - 1.jpg Apple II - 2.jpg Apple II - 3.jpg

I got my 2001-8 for $300 non working as well a few years ago. I dont want to sell mine.

How much did the apple ii cost you? I have been looking for one as well.

I got my 2001-8 for $300 non working as well a few years ago. I dont want to sell mine.

How much did the apple ii cost you? I have been looking for one as well.
    Let's just say I got it all at a non working price... LOL!!! I am in love with my Commodore PET as well. It is a beautiful system. However I think it should be worth more a lot more then current going price,
    as it is a real piece of history. But I got my original TRS-80 Model I, for far less. To complete the Trinity.

Let's just say I got it all at a non working price... LOL!!! I am in love with my Commodore PET as well. It is a beautiful system. However I think it should be worth more a lot more then current going price,
    as it is a real piece of history. But I got my original TRS-80 Model I, for far less. To complete the Trinity.
    I agree, the PET 2001-8 is much harder to come across. It should be going for alot more. I was lucky enough to get an 8050 floppy drive unit about a year ago as well.

I have 4 or 5 apple II plus units but dont hold out much hope for an original apple II.