Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commodore PET 2001-8 w/ Chiclet Keyboard - FS on Ebay

Default Commodore PET 2001-8 w/ Chiclet Keyboard - FS on Ebay

I'm selling a fully restored Commodore PET 2001-8 on Ebay. Here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/26450433786...p2471758.m4704

1978 Commodore PET 2001-8 w/ Chiclet Keyboard - Working Museum Condition!

The Commodore PET 2001-8 was one of the first home computers, originally released in early 1977 at the same time as the Apple II and the TRS-80.

This computer has been meticulously restored to full functionality. Work performed includes:

- New conductive material for the keypads. Keyboard is fully functional and responsive.

- Replacement 6502 and 6522 (original faulty chips will be included in electro-static bag).

- Replacement 2x 6550 static RAM chips.

- Replacement 74145 keyboard relay logic chip.

- Replacement cassette belt with new belt from Console5.

Systems like these are incredibly rare in this condition. This system is a perfect addition to your museum or collection.

Includes cassette copy of millipede for demonstration purposes.

While this system has been carefully restored and tested, vintage computing equipment can be prone to failure and thus this system is sold AS-IS. Returns not accepted.

Shipped with utmost care via Fedex.

s-l1600.jpg

Looks great... I just had mine out today and the serial number is 0010899. Did you make any videos?

You have a black commodore badge. Mine is blue on my 2001-8. Anyone know which version is oldest or did commodore just use both?

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    You have a black commodore badge. Mine is blue on my 2001-8. Anyone know which version is oldest or did commodore just use both?

What is your serial Number?
    My label is Brown and Gold and on a raised piece of metal, not a sticker. Where as my 2001-32N business machine is on a sticker.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Novell2NT; October 20th, 2019 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novell2NT View Post
    What is your serial Number?
    My label is Brown and Gold and on a raised piece of metal, not a sticker. Where as my 2001-32N business machine is on a sticker.
    My serial number is 0014165
    Not sure what you mean your label isnt a sticker. If its not a sticker what is it? Mine certainly is a sticker.

My 2001N-32 doesn't have a sticker. It's a snap-in plastic piece.

Interesting. the only PET I have ever seen in person is mine. I know Adrian Blacks PET also has a peeling sticker as well.

This doesn't really show it well but it's the best image I have at the moment. I don't know which models could have this; but at least the low profile cases don't look like they would have this.

IMAG0090.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    My serial number is 0014165
    Not sure what you mean your label isnt a sticker. If its not a sticker what is it? Mine certainly is a sticker.
    Can you upload a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Novell2NT View Post
    Can you upload a picture?
    Sure thing : pet 2001-8.jpg

Its in a tough spot to get to as my space is limited but as you can see its a blue bezel 2001-8 and it has a blue sticker/badge with a mirror reflective commodore logo. I assumed all 2001-8's had this. The only differences I have seen till now are the black bezel screens.

And in this video, his pet has a sticker lgoo: https://youtu.be/Y4BTfpHOQFk?t=442