Image Map Image Map

Thread: An ASUS P/I-P55T2P4, An Adaptec AHA-1542CF, and a seemingly erroneous prompt

Default An ASUS P/I-P55T2P4, An Adaptec AHA-1542CF, and a seemingly erroneous prompt

So, I'm fitting my Socket 7 machine with a single-density capable Adaptec AHA-1542CF SCSI/FDD card to turn it into my new 5.25" workbench. Only thing is, something's making the machine prompt me for a EISA configuration diskette at startup...And the machine doesn't have one.

Code:
    The EISA Configuration Utility is not installed on the fixed disk. Insert SYSTEM CONFIGURATION DISKETTE in Drive A: and press any key to continue
    Anyone have any idea why? The hard disk was previously managed by a BusLogic FlashPoint LT PCI card, so I'm wondering if that's throwing it off. The card's manual also makes no mention of needing a EISA configuration disk.

EDIT: I just had to enable large block addressing and some other stuff in the advanced settings menu. Weird.
    Last edited by MrArgent; October 21st, 2019 at 12:31 PM.

Blog Entries

I can think of two things: the EPROM BIOS extension on your 1542 is the wrong one, or there's something in the boot record for your hard disk that's asking for one.