Image Map Image Map

Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hi,

Thought I would introduce myself. Had a Vic 20 for my first computer - I must have been around 10 years old. Fond memories of playing Snake Pit which I've since dug out on an emulator, and still enjoy playing sometimes!

I have no idea how that was done on an unexpanded machine. I'm a software developer by trade nowadays and once tried to recreate it in C++. It only increased my respect for the game writers in those days.

I've had a few retro machines - a Vic 20, Atari 800xl, a Commodore +4 still in the loft, but the area of focus at the moment is a PET that my son took a shine to (subject of a separate thread awaiting moderation).

So its my birthday approaching, and I've asked for an oscilloscope which should help. It worked before i put it in the loft, so hopefully there wont be much to fix.

My Son has just started doing computer studies at school and is keen to have a go at machine code so thats going to be interesting! Funny to think when I was around his age, I remember a visit to 'big school' where they were proudly displaying a row of PETs as the latest in technology.

Welcome. Which model PET?
    I use my C128 because I am an ornery, stubborn, retro grouch. -- Bob Masse
    Machine room updated for 2019!: http://www.floodgap.com/etc/machines.html

Welcome to VCFED. Another PET owner in the UK!

Having just recently got the 'PET from hell' working, yours should be (hopefully) much easier!

Dave

It's a 3008 - details on this thread. I posted some new info, but it either hasn't been moderated yet, or I messed it up when posting (is there a way to tell?), in which case I'll do it again properly.

Thanks for the welcome - I guess most owners are across the pond?
    I used to have an Atari 800XL when my friends moved to C64s and felt I missed out because it was less popular/supported in the UK.