Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Issues with NEC Versa 4000D Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by MrAureliusR View Post
    Back to the actual topic at hand, I have checked the LapLink website and I can't find any mention of legacy support whatsoever, it's all USB3/2 and Ethernet. I'm assuming there are older versions floating around that support parallel/serial? They seem to have many different products under the LapLink name -- which one am I looking for?
    I use LapLink III.

I also have LapLink V which I don't really use but I believe it would work just as well.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I use LapLink III.

I also have LapLink V which I don't really use but I believe it would work just as well.
    I just found LapLink on WinWorld, which is awesome. However, will it run on modern machines or will I need two legacy machines to transfer files?

Does your modern machine have a serial or a parallel port?

It may work but it may take some effort on your part.

Two legacy machines with native ports is a slam dunk.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

A few of the Pentium I NEC's were versions of the Alphatop Green model laptops. I have a lot of spares for the Green models left from my now closed laptop support business and so might have a replacement. So if you can post the brand and model of the floppy drive I'll look for a working one in my storage inventory. I even have a few leftover NOS Green 753's still in the factory shipping boxes.

Or look for a Citizen W1D drive on eBay. Most if not all 3.5 laptop floppy drives use the same connector pin out and you need to only find one with the connector in nearly the same location has the original.