Image Map Image Map

Thread: Model 1 110V Power Supply Fuse value?

Default Model 1 110V Power Supply Fuse value?

The fuse is a 30mm x 6mm glass fuse with axial leads, I also believe it is a slow blow fuse. The Technical Reference manual does not provide a value, at the same time axial fuses are normal glass fuses with a small cap soldered to each end. This cap has the protuding leads attached. Unfortunately the cap partly obscures the value of the fuse that I have.

From what I can see I believe that it is a "0.5A" fuse.

Can anyone confirm this?

If this is the correct value, the 29mm size is hard to find, however, the length is not important whilst a shorter 10mm is readily available on eBay etc eg https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132886845141
    Last edited by IBM Portable PC; November 2nd, 2019 at 10:38 PM.
    My Wish List: Vintage Mac SCSI->ETHERNET DaynaPORT LINK T DP0801 Manual, Make-It 486 (or other) 80286 upgrades, Hallock Systems gear / disk images, Copy II PC 'Enhanced' Option Board, Earth Computers ISA Z80 cards & TurboDOS disk. TRS-80 Model IV TurboDOS, Pulsar Little Big Board gear, Tandy Videotext Information System (VIS) for Model 16 Xenix

Are you looking at the monitor? According to Sam's ComputerFacts for the Model I, the pigtail fuse is 5A, 250V fast acting. There is a second fuse on the board which is 1A 250V fast acting.

Sam's does not list parts for the power supply brick for the CPU.
    Last edited by lafos; November 3rd, 2019 at 04:55 AM.