Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sysgen

Blog Entries

So modify the CPMDISKS.DEF file. It's not rocket science.

I was not aware of it. I give it a try after lunch. Thanks Mike

Blog Entries

The CPMDISKS.DEF file is tokenized, so you'll have to first get it to ASCII using stripidx.exe make your changes, then retokenize it using genindex.exe. It's all in the documentation.

What a day, seems I was being deviled at each turn. Sometimes it happens, but I did have some success in between the folly. I did manage to un-index the CPMDISKS.DEF and add a 3 Track system 8" definition. I called it A2. And after hosing it up a couple of times I managed to re generate it with my new definition in it. And the best part is it works in 22DISK. I can now copy my CPM files to the new disks. Can not test it yet, because I have to correct a handful of addresses in my monitor ROM program so that CPM will start correctly. One last question, I suspect I'd have to do something similar to ANADISK? But since my luck is not what it should be today, maybe tomorrow. For now, it is time to brave the COLD and go out for a Friday Fish Fry. Thanks for the help, Mike

Yesterday and today, I made the needed changes to my 2k monitor and then tried the new 3 track system CP/M disks. Didn't work. I scratched my head most of Saturday, later to remember that my monitor uses some of the RAM just below the ROM monitor. I was over writting that RAM when loading the CP/M system. I copied a bunch of files onto these new 3 track disks using 22DISK and eveything seems to work. So before I move on and add the IOBYTE & Friden code to my CBIOS. I want to straighten out some of my ROM monitor and CBIOS code. While scratching my head yesterday, I found a couple of improvements I can make to both the 2 and 3 track CBIOS code. Thanks for the help. Mike