Image Map Image Map

Thread: Macintosh classic sad mac error

Question Macintosh classic sad mac error

I've posted on this forum before about a battery leak on my macintosh classic. I've cleaned the motherboard and tried booting again and first I got a white screen then I've rebooted and I got an error code 0000000F and 0000000C (as shown below) does anyone has any ideas how to fix this? I haven't replaced the capacitors yet since I have 0 experience with soldering so I hoped it wouldn't be necessary. I've tried booting with OPT+CMD+X+O both with the hard drive connected and without but that didn't change anything. On reddit someone said that 000000F was a software error which means my board is still working does that include capacitors?

this is the screen I get all the time
    74790422_2551041365142494_4453529787691958272_n.jpg
    the first time I booted after cleaning my motherboard I got this screen.
    74327606_2117454358355790_1231245142397026304_n.jpg

Do you have a bootable floppy disk? I Googled this error, and it could be a conflict between the software trying to run and the hardware on which it's running. Perhaps a not-compatible OS was installed.

Quote Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
    Do you have a bootable floppy disk? I Googled this error, and it could be a conflict between the software trying to run and the hardware on which it's running. Perhaps a not-compatible OS was installed.
    Sadly I do not have a bootable floppy disk. The computer worked just fine a couple years ago before it was stored in the attic so the OS should be compatible.

Battery leakage often damages motherboards. Cleaning does not repair any damage the leakage may have caused. Traces can become open and shorts can occur, as well. A careful examination of the board in the vicinity of the leakage is what's necessary. Not all the damage might be visible, especially on multi layer boards where some damage can occur on the inner layers that are neither visible nor accessible.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

The memory board from your last thread was covered in battery goo, so was the connector on the motherboard. Without knowing the state they are in now, it's not really possible to troubleshoot further because if you have broken bus lines on the memory card, all bets are off on the machine beginning to even boot correctly.

The memory daughterboard connector needs to be removed from the motherboard so it can be cleaned underneath, having random battery goo under it will cause havoc.