Image Map Image Map

Thread: Tandy 4825SX Floppy

Default Tandy 4825SX Floppy

Does the Tandy 4825SX have standard floppy/power like other PC clones? I know my Tandy 1000 TL/2 has power through the floppy cable if I remember correctly. I want to add a second floppy drive to my 4825SX and I want to make sure I don't burn it out by not wiring correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedHat View Post
    Does the Tandy 4825SX have standard floppy/power like other PC clones?
    Looking at it should provide an answer to that question immediately.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

If I knew what I was looking for, I wouldn't be asking the question. What am I looking for when I look at it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrRedHat View Post
    If I knew what I was looking for, I wouldn't be asking the question. What am I looking for when I look at it?
    A 4 conductor Molex power connector like all standard floppy and older hard drives have.

PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

When I'm looking at it, how do I tell if the voltages are the same as a standard floppy drive? There are 34-pins on the floppy drive. How do I tell by looking at it if the pinout is the same as a standard floppy?

Blog Entries

See "Additional Drives" here: https://web.archive.org/web/20141129...sktops&Reuse=N

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeModifed View Post
    Thank you Mike, lots of good information there.