Image Map Image Map

Thread: CoCo II Cassette loading problems(including .wav)

Default CoCo II Cassette loading problems(including .wav)

I just got a CoCo II and CCR-81 off eBay, and it smelled so much like old dust that the entire house smelled like old dust. Anyways, cassettes refuse to load. In Dungeons of Daggorath, it successfully loads only about 1% of the time, and the rest, the computer resets itself, forcing me to start all over again.
    Also, I downloaded some CoCo II game .wav files, and I ended up getting IO errors, half-jumbled game menu screens, and parts of the BASIC boot screen. What is causing this?

I haven't used the cassette interface (I have used Drivewire) but I recall reading that you has the set the sound level a certain way. Sorry I can recall it.

Blog Entries

Can you save simple BASIC files to cassette? And load them back? There are a lot of potential problems so simplify to just making sure the tape recorder and CoCo work.

Sometimes, yeah. Most of the time, no.
    What is causing the coco to reset in DoD?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pxlbluejay View Post
    Sometimes, yeah. Most of the time, no.
    What is causing the coco to reset in DoD?
    DoD is on cartridge right? I have little experience with CoCo cartridges. Page 56 of the service manual points lists some checks. For example, making sure the data and address lines connect between CPU and cartridge slot. Should be easy to test if you have an oscilloscope. Close to impossible without. Cleaning contacts would be a good idea if you have not done so already.

The cassette problem could be related or could have nothing to do with the cartridge problem. I don't know enough to ask questions to help pare down to likely component failures.