Image Map Image Map
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Mindset repair

I see that the machine *IS* in MAME, so you can see how it boots normally. For what that is worth... There is the diagnostic text and the setup program, before the flipping logo.

Which leads me to... Are there disk images for this available somewhere?

yes, they are on bitsavers under bits/mindset

there is some simple copy protection on some (a few sectors written on track 41 of 40)

Blog Entries

I was trying to figure out how to get the Mindset MAME to work.. but I'm not really sure what I'm doing there. Used to the arcades.

Don’t forget that pressing ALT SYS CONFIG (or some other key combination) enters the SETUP/CONFIG screen. This may stop the normal boot up execution of the BIOS.

Dave

Blog Entries

Would it stop all RAM activity though? Everything just seems to stop cold.

I've read up on how to manipulate the BIOS.. I might try some blind keystrokes when I 'freeze' the system to see if there's any reaction. I did try doing CTRL-ALT-DEL (don't know if that was implemented in the Mindset, maybe not) when frozen and nothing changes.

I still think part of the key to solving this is figuring out why half the RAM in the system isn't doing anything on power up, same with sound controller.

I've started working on 'reverse engineering' a schematic, starting from the RAM.. but.. yeah.. it'll take a while. Apparently there are services that will scan the board and make up a rough schematic for you... I'm wondering if that might be approprirate in this case.