Image Map Image Map

Thread: Intel manufactured Pentium Socket 5 desktop system.

Default Intel manufactured Pentium Socket 5 desktop system /w MxPro 200MHz MMX CPU.

My final complete system in storage down in Florida. This is an Intel manufactured Pentium Socket 5 desktop system with an official Intel system sticker on the bottom of the case and a motherboard layout sticker on the inside of the case. From what I have read Intel manufactured these desktop systems to promote their Pentium CPUs for a short time. This system can be toggled between ~386 speeds and full speed via CTRL-ALT-(+ or -), so this is a great DOS system for a range of titles from the late 80s to the early 90s. You will notice the metal cover is bare metal. The paint was in bad shape so I stripped and sanded it down and it is ready for someone to paint it to their desired color (or just leave it bare metal for that classic post-apocalyptic look). Everything is in mint condition and squeaky clean inside and out. All is fully functional and working like new.

Specs:

Intel manufactured Socket 5 motherboard with 256K cache
    Evergreen MxPro 200MHz MMX CPU
    64MB EDO RAM
    ATI Rage II PCI graphics card
    Yamaha Audician 32 Plus ISA sound card /w Dreamblaster S1 wavetable daughterboard
    Seagate Medalist 4321 ST34321A 4GB IDE HDD
    IDE CD-ROM drive
    5" 1.2MB floppy drive
    3" 1.44MB floppy drive

MS-DOS 6.22 and Windows for Workgroups 3.11 is installed. The 4GB HDD is partitioned into two 2GB partitions.
    Will also include original CDs of Duke Nukem 3D and Tomb Raider which are both already installed.

Does not include keyboard, mouse or monitor.

$50 + shipping. Shipping will be via Parcelmonkey.com which is a shipping broker that uses FedEx for delivery. Their shipping prices are very reasonable for large, heavy items like this. Coming from zip code 34231. Just PM me your zip and I can get you a shipping quote.

case_front.jpgcase_back.jpgcase_inside.jpg

Here is the system before I cleaned it so you can get an idea of what the original color was on the metal portion of the case.

before_restore.jpg
    Last edited by liqmat; November 14th, 2019 at 04:23 PM.

Sold on AmiBay.

I have a P2 intel system in tower form, that is very similar in build quality with a mostly complete metal shell, but has plastic snap on pieces (also metal shielded) to cover it up. Even the labeling is similar. Mine is ATX as you'd image. Yours' is AT, with turbo control? That's pretty neat.

Actually that system is also an ATX form factor. I commented in this thread as the OP picked up a similar system, but a late AT tower version.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php...p=788151&hilit
    Last edited by liqmat; November 16th, 2019 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the3dfxdude View Post
    I have a P2 intel system in tower form, that is very similar in build quality with a mostly complete metal shell, but has plastic snap on pieces (also metal shielded) to cover it up. Even the labeling is similar. Mine is ATX as you'd image. Yours' is AT, with turbo control? That's pretty neat.
    I am completely wrong. Double checked and you are absolutely right. It is an AT style board, but with PS/2 ports. I guess this was a late AT board. Found a pic of the mobo when I had it out for cleaning.

TTZX6545.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by liqmat View Post
    Actually that system is also an ATX form factor. I commented in this thread as the OP picked up a similar system, but a late AT tower version.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php...p=788151&hilit
    Wow. I have the P2 ATX version of DankEngihn's AT tower. Also have the same drive rails.

I had more of these systems at one time, but I gave them away.