Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Generic luggable computer with ATX motherboard

Default Wanted: Generic luggable computer with ATX motherboard

Looking for one of these very late lunchbox style luggables that fits an ATX motherboard. I know they exist but I can't seem to find one. I think they were mostly made with pentium 2/3's but the spec doesn't matter to me as long as it's complete and works

On ebay do a search for Dolch. They made a career of "lunchbox" portables. Check either in the Vintage category or the Business and Industrial. A lot of their machines were rigged as network sniffers.
    Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read! Groucho Marx

Curtis McCain

http://pages.suddenlink.net/curtismc/

Yeah, a Dolch would be ideal but they're usually way out of my price range. And I'd like to do some modifications, I'd hate to ruin a Dolch.

Principality of Xeon the Great State of Central New Jerky

I had a sniffer once that was dolch like. Not sure it was atx though. In fact the processor and other accoutrements were on plug in cards.

Quote Originally Posted by tipc View Post
    I had a sniffer once that was dolch like. Not sure it was atx though. In fact the processor and other accoutrements were on plug in cards.
    Weird, so it was like a backplane board in a luggable?

I think I found the one I want, an Ajax Prism. There are a few on ebay, one that's gutted and beat up and missing the door, one that works but is missing the door for $200+ shipping, and one with the door for $900... I'm tempted to get the gutted one but I doubt I'll ever find a door for it unless someone on here has one.

The seller on that Ajax one never replied to my message, so I guess I'm still looking. How hard can it be to find a portable that uses an atx motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    Looking for one of these very late lunchbox style luggables that fits an ATX motherboard. I know they exist but I can't seem to find one.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    How hard can it be to find a portable that uses an atx motherboard?
    What do you have planned for this portable that requires ATX?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Well I'm not entirely sure but an upgraded motherboard is definitely in store. Probably a pentium 3 or core 2 duo or something along those lines. Eventually I'd like to do an upgraded screen and modern motherboard but keep it looking stock

Blog Entries

There are places selling new portable ATX cases with LCD. Unfortunately, the price seems to be over $2000 and that is without a motherboard.