Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Request: Relax the restrictions on photo uploading and processing

I've lifted the limits to 256KB for attachments. Images are generally limited to 1280x1024, as sugested by Trixter.

Resampling images also is disabled now.

Images and files uploaded here are covered by our copyright guidelines. Please post your personal pictures and attachments. Uploading copyrighted software without permission to redistribute is technically a copyright violation.

Blog Entries

Woohoo!

max_c64.jpg

Max approves!
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

They're

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Max approves!
    ...I see what you did there.

Thanks for making the change, @mbbrutman.
    int10h.org :: :: :: blog

Seconded!

Dave

My thanks also. However, reading back your own post to check that the attachment has worked correctly isn't a complete solution to avoiding problems as THIS POST shows. It looked okay when I read it back and the attached picture opened correctly, but when shortly after I tried to access it on an older computer in another room I got an attachment access failure message. I went back to the original computer and that could still access the picture, so I assumed that the older computer was having problems because it is running an unsupported browser on Vista and so I didn't report the problem here. Later when durgadas311 mentioned that he couldn't access the picture either I realised that the editor had messed up the attachment process, so I posted the picture again. Evidently my original computer on which I posted the picture the first time was loading it from its cache when I subsequently accessed it, so the fact that the website itself had discarded it wasn't apparent to me. My suspicion that my Vista computer browser was having problems of its own was reinforced by the fact that there was no edit option showing on the post on it. I am used to working on another site with vBulletin that doesn't have a timeout on edits, so didn't realise that this is normal here.

So anyway, if you really want to check your post thoroughly then don't just access it with the same computer and userid as you used to post it or your cache memory may mislead you into missing problems on the site itself.
    Rob - http://www.honeypi.org.uk
    The Internet is a winch to get your project off the ground ... but always have a parachute handy.

Testing... this is 960 x 640, 212 KB. (It's a Greek island where I used to live.)

I used a Vista machine, also.

75580369_2571538626293895_8221517769137455104_n1.jpg
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

I think I have run in to that problem before. If I recall correctly, that happens if one links directly to the image and omits the automatically created attachment thumbnail, the forum software will not recognize the image as having been "used" anywhere and automatically deletes it after an hour or so.

I just used the "Insert image" icon and let the editor do its thing. I don't know why it chose to omit the link the first time. The second time that I did the same thing it worked. I've no idea why.
    Rob - http://www.honeypi.org.uk
    The Internet is a winch to get your project off the ground ... but always have a parachute handy.

Is there anywhere this info, as to what size/format pictures can be posted, is listed? It would be handy to have it bookmarked in case it changes again.
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1100FD, Tandy 1000 RSX, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.

+ Reply to Thread