Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Zenith eaZy PC all-in-one XT/8088-class computer (NJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    For the same reason professional photographers/videographers use an 18% gray card to perform white balancing.

Sorry, but that was my best response.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    What scam were they attempting?
    It was the same guy identified in this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-t...y-warning.html

One thing I was curious about with the eaZy PC, but didn't have enough programming skill to test, is if it implements the monochrome 640x400 graphics mode that its CGMA video chip supports. It has 64K of video RAM, so it should be possible to use. When I installed Windows 3.0, it suggested the AT&T PC6300 driver, but that didn't work.

Blog Entries

If you dump the BIOS to a file using debug and make it available, I'd be happy to check for you if it attempts to handle more video modes than the standard CGA modes 1 through 6. That's usually an indication that it supports 640x400.

Alternately, you can sell me the system for the cost of shipping and I would be happy to poke around the actual hardware.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

I wonder if anyone knows what the pinout of that expansion connector is. It looks all ready to take a Tandy Plus card.
    My Retro-computing YouTube Channel (updates... eventually?): Paleozoic PCs

SOLD!

I have another Zenith computer with that same pin header expansion connector, except internally -- the Z-148. Back in the day, Zenith sold an adapter to convert it to a standard ISA slot, but good luck finding one of those these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Eudimorphodon View Post
    It's a term that shows up a lot to describe later monochrome monitors, and it seems to an umbrella term to describe monitors with phosphors which are both "whiter" (IE, warmer) and, usually, *slightly* longer persistence than the TV-grade P4 phosphor you find in most B&W monitors from the 1970's. That phosphor has a distinct bluish cast to it.
    It's a softer white as well. Easier on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
    SOLD!

I have another Zenith computer with that same pin header expansion connector, except internally -- the Z-148. Back in the day, Zenith sold an adapter to convert it to a standard ISA slot, but good luck finding one of those these days...
    I'll have to crack open my z-148. I don't recall seeing that. On the other hand, it's been a long time since I opened it up.

I really enjoyed your YouTube video on restoring that computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    It's a softer white as well. Easier on the eyes.
    Usually, but I remember there being a lot of inconsistency in those "whiter" phosphors. Some cheap VGA mono monitors would say "paperwhite" on their box but so far as I can tell they were using the regular old blueish TV phosphor, but higher end monitors would use a nicer warm-white formulation.

Of course, given a choice I'd still probably prefer green.
    My Retro-computing YouTube Channel (updates... eventually?): Paleozoic PCs

Quote Originally Posted by Eudimorphodon View Post
    Usually, but I remember there being a lot of inconsistency in those "whiter" phosphors. Some cheap VGA mono monitors would say "paperwhite" on their box but so far as I can tell they were using the regular old blueish TV phosphor, but higher end monitors would use a nicer warm-white formulation.

Of course, given a choice I'd still probably prefer green.
    Some of the old Zenith & Compaq amber monitors were nice. Have to say I'm more comfortable with green.