Image Map Image Map

Thread: WTB - Tandy 1000 SX/TX keyboard

Default WTB - Tandy 1000 SX/TX keyboard

I am in need of another one of these keyboards. Please let me know if anyone has one for sale.

Thanks!

Will an enhanced keyboard work? I'm not sure the exact model but I should be picking one up this week

According to some other posts around these parts, the enhanced keyboard is for XT or AT clones, selected with dip switches.

Oh, does that Tandy not take a standard plug or something? I know I've seen the Enhanced keyboard used with several later machines

Unfortunately the Tandy 1000 models from the original 1000-no-letters through the "X" series (SX, TX) require a Tandy proprietary keyboard. (It's looks like the same physical keyboard as the Tandy 2000, although I can't say definitively off the top of my head if you can actually swap keyboards between a 1000 and a 2000.)

It's depressing how often Tandy 1000s for sale on eBay don't have the keyboard included.
    My Retro-computing YouTube Channel (updates... eventually?): Paleozoic PCs

Yes, the original 90 key keyboard is proprietary. I am also looking at getting an Northgate Omnikey Ultra on eBay, which supports the Tandy 1000 SX/TX but that will need an adapter as well. I have seen such an adapter on Nerdy Pleasures which was built by hand, but I don't think you can purchase one anywhere.